For breakfast I shared a breakfast pizza from Bola Pizza with my friend Jenna from Edible Austin. I ate most of it. It was cold, rainy and not so much fun to be outside. After the market, I ran some errands then came home to warm up to a cozy fire. Later a friend showed up for a glass of wine, and it seemed reasonable to cook dinner, although I had no plan. I did have fresh from the Gulf shrimp from San Miguel Seafood from the market, some garden cilantro and garlic red chile cilantro pasta from my Better Bites basket win a month ago. The pasta is from Gourmet Texas Pasta, which is made locally and sold at the Barton Creek Farmer’s Market. So, I boiled up some water, cleaned some shrimp, and cut up a tomato. I sauteed the tomato and shrimp in Way Back When Dairy butter and Texas Olive Ranch Olive Oil, then when the pasta was ready, poured a bit of Way Back When Cream into the tomato, shrimp sautee, and topped it with the fresh cilantro. I spooned it over the pasta then topped it with some real parmigiano reggiano from Antonelli’s Cheese, a concession to my eat local plan. This dinner was just tossed together in 15 minutes and it was pretty dang good for a “throw together” dinner with no plan.
- Grilled Softshell Crab, Bay Shrimp, Tomatoes, Corn, Radish, Peanuts, Fried Onions, Basil… instagram.com/p/BZNC-mqFNOF/ 1 day ago
- Benefit for Gulf Coast Crabbers @daidue @ Dai Due instagram.com/p/BZM4WSilQPb/ 1 day ago
- Grand Opening Day! twohives #localhoney @ Two Hives Honey instagram.com/p/BZJsF50F3Wv/ 2 days ago
- Still lots of amazing treats @springdalefarm! #AtxBakes4Harvey @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BZG84fTFMVX/ 3 days ago
- Just one of the amazing treats for @austinbakes! Come see us @springdalefarm! #atxbakes4harvey… instagram.com/p/BZGqO8dlZFo/ 3 days ago