For breakfast I shared a breakfast pizza from Bola Pizza with my friend Jenna from Edible Austin. I ate most of it. It was cold, rainy and not so much fun to be outside. After the market, I ran some errands then came home to warm up to a cozy fire. Later a friend showed up for a glass of wine, and it seemed reasonable to cook dinner, although I had no plan. I did have fresh from the Gulf shrimp from San Miguel Seafood from the market, some garden cilantro and garlic red chile cilantro pasta from my Better Bites basket win a month ago. The pasta is from Gourmet Texas Pasta, which is made locally and sold at the Barton Creek Farmer’s Market. So, I boiled up some water, cleaned some shrimp, and cut up a tomato. I sauteed the tomato and shrimp in Way Back When Dairy butter and Texas Olive Ranch Olive Oil, then when the pasta was ready, poured a bit of Way Back When Cream into the tomato, shrimp sautee, and topped it with the fresh cilantro. I spooned it over the pasta then topped it with some real parmigiano reggiano from Antonelli’s Cheese, a concession to my eat local plan. This dinner was just tossed together in 15 minutes and it was pretty dang good for a “throw together” dinner with no plan.
- Get on over to flourish.atx for the @SpringdaleHM pop-up or your holidays might succ! @ Flourish… instagram.com/p/Bcf1H7NF1tH/ 3 days ago
- Beautiful produce @springdalefarm today! Plus, @confituras, @howyoubean, @lostpinesyaupon,… instagram.com/p/BcfDX0bldmu/ 3 days ago
- Perfect cookies for a baby shower! Thank you @polkadotsatx instagram.com/p/BcQHuvhFUuW/ 1 week ago
- Buying all the cheese @antonellischz! @ Antonelli's Cheese Shop instagram.com/p/BcNfYp4FF0p/ 1 week ago
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! Beautiful fresh produce, coffee, jams, hot sauce honey, soaps,… instagram.com/p/BcNCXp2lSZA/ 1 week ago