For breakfast I shared a breakfast pizza from Bola Pizza with my friend Jenna from Edible Austin. I ate most of it. It was cold, rainy and not so much fun to be outside. After the market, I ran some errands then came home to warm up to a cozy fire. Later a friend showed up for a glass of wine, and it seemed reasonable to cook dinner, although I had no plan. I did have fresh from the Gulf shrimp from San Miguel Seafood from the market, some garden cilantro and garlic red chile cilantro pasta from my Better Bites basket win a month ago. The pasta is from Gourmet Texas Pasta, which is made locally and sold at the Barton Creek Farmer’s Market. So, I boiled up some water, cleaned some shrimp, and cut up a tomato. I sauteed the tomato and shrimp in Way Back When Dairy butter and Texas Olive Ranch Olive Oil, then when the pasta was ready, poured a bit of Way Back When Cream into the tomato, shrimp sautee, and topped it with the fresh cilantro. I spooned it over the pasta then topped it with some real parmigiano reggiano from Antonelli’s Cheese, a concession to my eat local plan. This dinner was just tossed together in 15 minutes and it was pretty dang good for a “throw together” dinner with no plan.
- Today would be an excellent day to hug a farmer! @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BW2fWVmFHzO/ 2 hours ago
- @keithkreeger Who doesnt love puppies??? 5 days ago
- @jesspryles @broylesa Red jalapenos will start showing up at the farmer's markets soon, but Fiesta usually has them… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- It's Taco Wednesday @edeneastaustin from 9:00-1:00 during @springdalefarm @ Eden East Austin instagram.com/p/BWcw_6vFLvL/ 1 week ago
- Farmstand Day! @springdalefarm instagram.com/p/BWcu_dTFxTg/ 1 week ago