Yesterday was an odd day. I skipped breakfast, for no apparent reason, then couldn’t get myself coordinated enough to eat lunch, and I knew I was eating out with friends for dinner at La Condesa. So, I was starving then we got to La Condesa, and ate chips and amazing salsa. Bad plan. For dinner I had the fish of the day, which was snapper. I had eaten at La Condesa before, and knew how hard they try to source locally. I’ve seen Chef Ortiz at the Farmer’s Market. This time, the menu items included some vegetables from Garza Middle School. (I think its a middle school) and Urban Roots, an organization I support. Almost every menu item included a local product. My dinner was fabulous, and everyone else enjoyed theirs as well. I’ll be back.
- RT @elnaranjoaustin: El Naranjo’s benefit dinner and other Austin restaurants contributing to Mexico earthquake-relief efforts | The Feed h… 21 hours ago
- Playing with food again @springdalefarm. instagram.com/p/BZRKtoVlNgH/ 2 days ago
- Grilled Softshell Crab, Bay Shrimp, Tomatoes, Corn, Radish, Peanuts, Fried Onions, Basil… instagram.com/p/BZNC-mqFNOF/ 3 days ago
- Benefit for Gulf Coast Crabbers @daidue @ Dai Due instagram.com/p/BZM4WSilQPb/ 3 days ago
- Grand Opening Day! twohives #localhoney @ Two Hives Honey instagram.com/p/BZJsF50F3Wv/ 4 days ago