Yesterday was an odd day. I skipped breakfast, for no apparent reason, then couldn’t get myself coordinated enough to eat lunch, and I knew I was eating out with friends for dinner at La Condesa. So, I was starving then we got to La Condesa, and ate chips and amazing salsa. Bad plan. For dinner I had the fish of the day, which was snapper. I had eaten at La Condesa before, and knew how hard they try to source locally. I’ve seen Chef Ortiz at the Farmer’s Market. This time, the menu items included some vegetables from Garza Middle School. (I think its a middle school) and Urban Roots, an organization I support. Almost every menu item included a local product. My dinner was fabulous, and everyone else enjoyed theirs as well. I’ll be back.
- After 10 days, a good rinse and several hours of smoke there will be bacon. instagram.com/p/Bgo33bglJmx/ 1 day ago
- Fun with the Dehydrator this morning preserving the harvest. #growyourown instagram.com/p/BgoHK4wlCnp/ 1 day ago
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/Bglj4vTDLtM/ 2 days ago
- Pink contrails this morning. @ Tarrytown, Austin, Texas instagram.com/p/BglcjsnDqok/ 2 days ago
- Steer wrestling, or not. @rodeoaustin #betterlucknexttime instagram.com/p/BgemBEzDar4/ 5 days ago