It is getting to be almost time to plant pumpkins, for harvest around Halloween. The rule of thumb is plant pumpkins July 4, for Halloween Harvest. I will prepare a 4×4 area in my raised garden to be the pumpkin patch. I need to pull out the rest of the strawberries, add lots of compost, turn the soil and loosen it, then let it rest for a couple weeks. I got these pumpkin seeds at Zinger Hardware, from Botanical Interests. I’m also on the lookout for some small sugar pumpkin seeds to plant as well. Pumpkins resemble squash, the plants and flowers, and grow the same way, in vines. They are fairly easy to control so the don’t take over the whole garden.
- Oyster Mushroom Tamale, Scamorza, Spicy Lime Crema, Corn Nuts @oddduckaustin @ Odd Duck instagram.com/p/BR9YujpFfMj/ 1 day ago
- Stocking up @saltandtime! @ Salt & Time Butcher Shop and Salumeria instagram.com/p/BR82jFmlac9/ 1 day ago
- Harvesting Calendula for our Calendula Salve. @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BR8j-PyDr15/ 1 day ago
- Citrus and avocados @springdalefarm today from G & S Groves! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BR8dlkCFuFh/ 1 day ago
- If you haven't tried salsa dona on boiled eggs, you are missing out. @springdalefarm eggs are… instagram.com/p/BR8LSM_lHAJ/ 2 days ago