I’m not a big fan of Mondays, and yesterday was no exception. I had pre-cooked my Dai Due chorizo and egg scramble for breakfast, so I heated that up to tide me over through a garden installation in the early afternoon. For a snack afterward, I had a slice of Kocurek cotto salami with their grain mustard. I’m low on vegetables, except onions, and also low on milk and cheese. The garden is in transition, and soon there will be tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, hopefully black beans and corn, and eggplant galore, but for now I’m relying on the Farmer’s Markets, and I’ve missed most of them the last few weeks. So, for dinner, I made a stir-fry of Thunderheart Bison, with chorizo salt, and onions from my garden, and served it over Lowell Farms Brown Rice. It was good enough for me, but I could have used something green as well. Hopefully the peppers will take off and give me more options.
- Farmstand fun! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BirppgyhTEG/… 2 weeks ago
- Everything you need for your Mother’s Day weekend! Plus jams,… instagram.com/p/BiremXwh2VA/… 2 weeks ago
- It’s looking like a bountiful tomatillo season! instagram.com/p/BiozWMnh6Qj/… 2 weeks ago
- Happy garden! instagram.com/p/BinSoGChbrH/… 2 weeks ago
- Pasta Fungia @ nhymel88 Dinner. @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BifznUUBnBf/… 2 weeks ago