For breakfast yesterday, I had a scrambled egg plain and black coffee, as I am out of milk. Bummer, no milk until Saturday unless I can squeeze in a trip to Boggy Creek tomorrow before my garden installation. Lunch was a Thunderheart beef jerky. Dinner was to be leftover chicken, but my friends Christian, who makes amazing food, keeps track of the Austin food scene, and takes amazing photographs, (www.austinfoodjournal.com) and Jamie Bowers, gardener and maker of exquisite jewelry, (www.violaandjean.com) were heading to Jeffrey’s and invited me to tag along. I did, and we had some amazing food in the bar. Thumblina salad, oysters 2 ways, pommes frites, and pork belly soft bun. Jeffrey’s is listed on Boggy Creek’s website as one of the few restaurants that sources locally, shopping at Boggy Creek twice a week. That warmed my heart.
- Yard food! #gardening instagram.com/p/BfW6uWhlLf0/ 4 days ago
- My day was filled with all kinds of cuteness @txbeetree! instagram.com/p/BfWsuBKFCQr/ 4 days ago
- Farm table is full of beautiful produce @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BfTTUMTlGsv/ 5 days ago
- It’s going to be a good year for apples! instagram.com/p/BfRJMPKFNPy/ 6 days ago
- I see lots of salads in my future! #gardening instagram.com/p/BfQqJyeF384/ 6 days ago