Spring is here and the phone is ringing like crazy with folks wanting vegetable gardens. We installed one in Bastrop and had lunch at a BBQ place called Clyde’s. Brisket and beans for me. I had big plans to grill a Thunderheart bison steak for dinner, but wanted to go to the Truck Farm Farmer’s Market. I got some Kocurek bacon and hot Italian sausage, some grass fed beef and pork ribs, some oranges which I somehow lost, and some lovely flowers. I ended up hanging out there for a while, and decided I was too tired to fire up the Big Green Egg and cook dinner. So I got Thunderheart bison tacos instead. I really need to cook everything in my freezer before buying anything else.
- @SOCOPetLounge Ellie May! 7 hours ago
- Just a farm dog and her toy. #dogsofinstagram @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BXBHMjDlx-Z/ 15 hours ago
- 15 lbs of smoked red jalapeños, 4 qts tomatoes, 46 jars of Chipotles in Adobo. #canning instagram.com/p/BW7z0nkl7xd/ 2 days ago
- The culmination of much gardening and then smoking comes together. Chipotles in Adobo canning day. instagram.com/p/BW7c2q7lq48/ 2 days ago
- Today would be an excellent day to hug a farmer! @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BW2fWVmFHzO/ 4 days ago