Today my friend Cecilia and I hosted a little tour of the Sunshine Community Gardens, as they were preparing for their annual plant sale fund raiser. We had a tour of the gardens, and an informative talk about how this “all volunteer” garden operates. Responsibilities are shared, garden space renters all volunteer, and this makes it a real working community garden. They were receiving shipments this morning when we arrived, and we got to see the volunteers working together to get the transplants from Gabriel Valley Farms, off loaded and set up on the tables, from which they will be sold. The sale is tomorrow, and will be packed, so go early and expect to wait in line. I don’t mind waiting in that line, because I always meet some interesting folks, gardeners, all.
- Tasting! @StillATX @ Still Austin Whiskey Co. instagram.com/p/BeObepSlvfE/ 13 hours ago
- Grains get added to water and cooked then cooled before adding yeast and fermented for 3 days. @… instagram.com/p/BeOXfbrlRsf/ 13 hours ago
- Truly grain to glass. Corn and wheat silos and millhouse @StillATX @ Still Austin Whiskey Co. instagram.com/p/BeOXKBLFonj/ 13 hours ago
- Excited for our tour @StillATX! @ Still Austin Whiskey Co. instagram.com/p/BeOT4O8FKII/ 14 hours ago
- Pop of color on this dreary day instagram.com/p/BeNvaIGlxci/ 19 hours ago