Today my friend Cecilia and I hosted a little tour of the Sunshine Community Gardens, as they were preparing for their annual plant sale fund raiser. We had a tour of the gardens, and an informative talk about how this “all volunteer” garden operates. Responsibilities are shared, garden space renters all volunteer, and this makes it a real working community garden. They were receiving shipments this morning when we arrived, and we got to see the volunteers working together to get the transplants from Gabriel Valley Farms, off loaded and set up on the tables, from which they will be sold. The sale is tomorrow, and will be packed, so go early and expect to wait in line. I don’t mind waiting in that line, because I always meet some interesting folks, gardeners, all.
- 15 lbs of smoked red jalapeños, 4 qts tomatoes, 46 jars of Chipotles in Adobo. #canning instagram.com/p/BW7z0nkl7xd/ 1 day ago
- The culmination of much gardening and then smoking comes together. Chipotles in Adobo canning day. instagram.com/p/BW7c2q7lq48/ 1 day ago
- Today would be an excellent day to hug a farmer! @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BW2fWVmFHzO/ 3 days ago
- @keithkreeger Who doesnt love puppies??? 1 week ago
- @jesspryles @broylesa Red jalapenos will start showing up at the farmer's markets soon, but Fiesta usually has them… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago