Exciting things are happening in Hyde Park this week! 4220 Duval, to be exact. John and Kendell Antonelli are just about ready to open their much anticipated cheese shop, Antonelli’s Cheese Shop. These folks know their cheese, and have also hired Kelly Sheehan, one of Austin’s most knowledgeable folks, in all matters cheese. I stopped by to check the progress and say hopefully say “hi” to John and Kendell and got lucky. John, Kelly and their designer Joel Mozersky were there unpacking boxes, putting on final touches and getting ready to open later this week. The goal is to open for business Thursday, February 11, and they received their first shipment of cheese today. In spite of being in the midst of starting a new business, and all that that entails, John remembered a tweet of mine almost a month ago, about missing Parmesan Cheese. He mentioned it today, and said he had found a local source for parmesan and had ordered it for me. This is one of the many reasons this business is going to be a huge success. That kind of personal attention is hard to come by. They will also feature cured meats, hand selected wine and beer. I can’t wait for their opening, and will post updates as I get them. Yay for cheese!
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Lots of delicious produce @springdalefarm today! Plus jams, coffee,… instagram.com/p/BgbSCG3jctH/ 12 hours ago
- All is right with the world again because @txbeetree Cheese is back @boggycreekfarm! @ Boggy… instagram.com/p/BgY8qURja4t/ 1 day ago
- Paula is growing beautiful Ranunculus @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BgTimlXjWdj/ 3 days ago
- Colors of Spring! @ Austin, Texas instagram.com/p/BgRwHcGDqRx/ 4 days ago
- So happy to support Wine for the People and dandypinktx today. So cool that so many other… instagram.com/p/BgFWJnhDYJY/ 1 week ago