Exciting things are happening in Hyde Park this week! 4220 Duval, to be exact. John and Kendell Antonelli are just about ready to open their much anticipated cheese shop, Antonelli’s Cheese Shop. These folks know their cheese, and have also hired Kelly Sheehan, one of Austin’s most knowledgeable folks, in all matters cheese. I stopped by to check the progress and say hopefully say “hi” to John and Kendell and got lucky. John, Kelly and their designer Joel Mozersky were there unpacking boxes, putting on final touches and getting ready to open later this week. The goal is to open for business Thursday, February 11, and they received their first shipment of cheese today. In spite of being in the midst of starting a new business, and all that that entails, John remembered a tweet of mine almost a month ago, about missing Parmesan Cheese. He mentioned it today, and said he had found a local source for parmesan and had ordered it for me. This is one of the many reasons this business is going to be a huge success. That kind of personal attention is hard to come by. They will also feature cured meats, hand selected wine and beer. I can’t wait for their opening, and will post updates as I get them. Yay for cheese!
- Oyster Mushroom Tamale, Scamorza, Spicy Lime Crema, Corn Nuts @oddduckaustin @ Odd Duck instagram.com/p/BR9YujpFfMj/ 1 day ago
- Stocking up @saltandtime! @ Salt & Time Butcher Shop and Salumeria instagram.com/p/BR82jFmlac9/ 1 day ago
- Harvesting Calendula for our Calendula Salve. @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BR8j-PyDr15/ 1 day ago
- Citrus and avocados @springdalefarm today from G & S Groves! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BR8dlkCFuFh/ 1 day ago
- If you haven't tried salsa dona on boiled eggs, you are missing out. @springdalefarm eggs are… instagram.com/p/BR8LSM_lHAJ/ 2 days ago