Today was my third attempt at making the whole wheat bread, using 100% whole wheat flour from Richardson Farms. So far, the first effort seems to have been the most successful. The second try, wherein I attempted to improve on the recipe by adding more olive oil and honey, yielded 2 brick like loaves that were not enjoyable. Today, I returned to the original recipe, posted earlier, and made one loaf and 4 hamburger buns. I love smelling up the house with yeasty bread smells on a gloomy day. I think these turned out well, too, so I’m encouraged. I don’t recall the first 2 loaves I made breaking on the sides like this one did, and don’t know if that matters.
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/Bbo-EGyFVvh/ 10 hours ago
- Is there anything more enjoyable than digging in the dirt to plant food? Maybe. But not this… instagram.com/p/BbmVVmLFfwo/ 1 day ago
- We are so excited to be making soaps for Fall Creek Winery using their wines! Available at the… instagram.com/p/Bbh3vXIlun5/ 3 days ago
- Excited for broccoli soon! instagram.com/p/Bbef0L1FwH4/ 4 days ago
- Goat Taco pop-up with @suerteatx @sertodocopper. @ East MLK, Austin, Texas instagram.com/p/BbaOLbiFJ7U/ 6 days ago