Today was my third attempt at making the whole wheat bread, using 100% whole wheat flour from Richardson Farms. So far, the first effort seems to have been the most successful. The second try, wherein I attempted to improve on the recipe by adding more olive oil and honey, yielded 2 brick like loaves that were not enjoyable. Today, I returned to the original recipe, posted earlier, and made one loaf and 4 hamburger buns. I love smelling up the house with yeasty bread smells on a gloomy day. I think these turned out well, too, so I’m encouraged. I don’t recall the first 2 loaves I made breaking on the sides like this one did, and don’t know if that matters.
- Yard food! #gardening instagram.com/p/BfW6uWhlLf0/ 3 days ago
- My day was filled with all kinds of cuteness @txbeetree! instagram.com/p/BfWsuBKFCQr/ 3 days ago
- Farm table is full of beautiful produce @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BfTTUMTlGsv/ 5 days ago
- It’s going to be a good year for apples! instagram.com/p/BfRJMPKFNPy/ 6 days ago
- I see lots of salads in my future! #gardening instagram.com/p/BfQqJyeF384/ 6 days ago