Today was my third attempt at making the whole wheat bread, using 100% whole wheat flour from Richardson Farms. So far, the first effort seems to have been the most successful. The second try, wherein I attempted to improve on the recipe by adding more olive oil and honey, yielded 2 brick like loaves that were not enjoyable. Today, I returned to the original recipe, posted earlier, and made one loaf and 4 hamburger buns. I love smelling up the house with yeasty bread smells on a gloomy day. I think these turned out well, too, so I’m encouraged. I don’t recall the first 2 loaves I made breaking on the sides like this one did, and don’t know if that matters.
- RT @gardens123: Cucumber Mint Sugar Scrub is back and perfectly refreshing for summertime! #naturalbathandbody instagram.com/p/BVsGUqPjlYW/ 38 minutes ago
- RT @AustinSaltCave: The Austin Salt Cave was featured in our local Faces and Places Lake Travis Magazine this month! fb.me/DvPEQG3v 47 minutes ago
- Cucumber Mint Sugar Scrub is back and perfectly refreshing for summertime! #naturalbathandbody instagram.com/p/BVsGUqPjlYW/ 49 minutes ago
- RT @txbeetree: Bee Tree Halloumi all stocked and ready for your grill at Antonelli's Cheese Shop, Farmhouse Delivery, Boggy... https://t.co… 14 hours ago
- Enjoying a @springdalefarm heirloom tomato dish eberlyatx! @ EBERLY instagram.com/p/BVqLYT5l7k5/ 18 hours ago