Today was my third attempt at making the whole wheat bread, using 100% whole wheat flour from Richardson Farms. So far, the first effort seems to have been the most successful. The second try, wherein I attempted to improve on the recipe by adding more olive oil and honey, yielded 2 brick like loaves that were not enjoyable. Today, I returned to the original recipe, posted earlier, and made one loaf and 4 hamburger buns. I love smelling up the house with yeasty bread smells on a gloomy day. I think these turned out well, too, so I’m encouraged. I don’t recall the first 2 loaves I made breaking on the sides like this one did, and don’t know if that matters.
- Farmstand fun! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BirppgyhTEG/… 2 weeks ago
- Everything you need for your Mother’s Day weekend! Plus jams,… instagram.com/p/BiremXwh2VA/… 2 weeks ago
- It’s looking like a bountiful tomatillo season! instagram.com/p/BiozWMnh6Qj/… 2 weeks ago
- Happy garden! instagram.com/p/BinSoGChbrH/… 2 weeks ago
- Pasta Fungia @ nhymel88 Dinner. @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BifznUUBnBf/… 2 weeks ago