Today was my third attempt at making the whole wheat bread, using 100% whole wheat flour from Richardson Farms. So far, the first effort seems to have been the most successful. The second try, wherein I attempted to improve on the recipe by adding more olive oil and honey, yielded 2 brick like loaves that were not enjoyable. Today, I returned to the original recipe, posted earlier, and made one loaf and 4 hamburger buns. I love smelling up the house with yeasty bread smells on a gloomy day. I think these turned out well, too, so I’m encouraged. I don’t recall the first 2 loaves I made breaking on the sides like this one did, and don’t know if that matters.
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! See you 9:00-1:00! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BX-knhtlUf2/ 12 hours ago
- RT @AustinSaltCave: Monday is the Solar Eclipse, and Dark Side of the Moon session. Reserve your seat today: 512-838-6545 https://t.co/OqnJ… 22 hours ago
- Pork Chop, Summer Veg, Corn Butter @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9Han9FDrS/ 1 day ago
- Watermelon and Radish Salad @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9FVEiFUN3/ 1 day ago
- Summer Squash Carpaccio @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9C9VlFueK/ 1 day ago