Day 32 was an eat out day – my mother’s 75th birthday. I didn’t allow enough time for breakfast, as usual, then took her for a light lunch at Magnolia Cafe on Lake Austin Blvd. I didn’t set out to eat at Magnolia, but pulled into the parking lot when I noticed the rare empty space. That parking lot is always full, so I was intrigued. I had the California salad, which provided my avocado fix. Dinner was a surprise party at Fonda San Miguel, and I’m happy to have pulled off the surprise element. I had too many tortilla chips, and the carne asada, which came with guacamole. So, I’m pretty good for avocados now. I intended to thaw a Richardson’s Farms chicken to make the roasted chicken recipe posted by Lisa of http://www.lisaiscooking.blogspot.com, but I forgot to take it out this morning. Maybe it will thaw in 4 or 5 hours this afternoon.
- Today would be an excellent day to hug a farmer! @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BW2fWVmFHzO/ 2 hours ago
- @keithkreeger Who doesnt love puppies??? 5 days ago
- @jesspryles @broylesa Red jalapenos will start showing up at the farmer's markets soon, but Fiesta usually has them… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- It's Taco Wednesday @edeneastaustin from 9:00-1:00 during @springdalefarm @ Eden East Austin instagram.com/p/BWcw_6vFLvL/ 1 week ago
- Farmstand Day! @springdalefarm instagram.com/p/BWcu_dTFxTg/ 1 week ago