Day 32 was an eat out day – my mother’s 75th birthday. I didn’t allow enough time for breakfast, as usual, then took her for a light lunch at Magnolia Cafe on Lake Austin Blvd. I didn’t set out to eat at Magnolia, but pulled into the parking lot when I noticed the rare empty space. That parking lot is always full, so I was intrigued. I had the California salad, which provided my avocado fix. Dinner was a surprise party at Fonda San Miguel, and I’m happy to have pulled off the surprise element. I had too many tortilla chips, and the carne asada, which came with guacamole. So, I’m pretty good for avocados now. I intended to thaw a Richardson’s Farms chicken to make the roasted chicken recipe posted by Lisa of http://www.lisaiscooking.blogspot.com, but I forgot to take it out this morning. Maybe it will thaw in 4 or 5 hours this afternoon.
- Grilled Softshell Crab, Bay Shrimp, Tomatoes, Corn, Radish, Peanuts, Fried Onions, Basil… instagram.com/p/BZNC-mqFNOF/ 1 day ago
- Benefit for Gulf Coast Crabbers @daidue @ Dai Due instagram.com/p/BZM4WSilQPb/ 1 day ago
- Grand Opening Day! twohives #localhoney @ Two Hives Honey instagram.com/p/BZJsF50F3Wv/ 2 days ago
- Still lots of amazing treats @springdalefarm! #AtxBakes4Harvey @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BZG84fTFMVX/ 3 days ago
- Just one of the amazing treats for @austinbakes! Come see us @springdalefarm! #atxbakes4harvey… instagram.com/p/BZGqO8dlZFo/ 3 days ago