I’ve been eating duck eggs from Countryside Farms lately. I get these at either the Downtown Farmer’s Market or the Triangle Farmer’s Market. They are delicious, larger than chicken eggs, with a much larger denser yolk. Last week I made an omlette, something I have struggled to do for years. I think the larger yolk, or perhaps some other factor in these eggs makes them firmer than chicken eggs. I’ve been making omlettes for years, never with consistent success. Sometimes they flip, sometimes theybreak or fall apart. But these duck eggs, firm up and flip very easily. I think the next omlette I make with duck eggs, I might add a bit of milk for more lightness. But, if you have struggled at making the perfect omlette, try some duck eggs.
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Lots of delicious produce @springdalefarm today! Plus jams, coffee,… instagram.com/p/BgbSCG3jctH/ 12 hours ago
- All is right with the world again because @txbeetree Cheese is back @boggycreekfarm! @ Boggy… instagram.com/p/BgY8qURja4t/ 1 day ago
- Paula is growing beautiful Ranunculus @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BgTimlXjWdj/ 3 days ago
- Colors of Spring! @ Austin, Texas instagram.com/p/BgRwHcGDqRx/ 4 days ago
- So happy to support Wine for the People and dandypinktx today. So cool that so many other… instagram.com/p/BgFWJnhDYJY/ 1 week ago