I’ve been eating duck eggs from Countryside Farms lately. I get these at either the Downtown Farmer’s Market or the Triangle Farmer’s Market. They are delicious, larger than chicken eggs, with a much larger denser yolk. Last week I made an omlette, something I have struggled to do for years. I think the larger yolk, or perhaps some other factor in these eggs makes them firmer than chicken eggs. I’ve been making omlettes for years, never with consistent success. Sometimes they flip, sometimes theybreak or fall apart. But these duck eggs, firm up and flip very easily. I think the next omlette I make with duck eggs, I might add a bit of milk for more lightness. But, if you have struggled at making the perfect omlette, try some duck eggs.
- Get on over to flourish.atx for the @SpringdaleHM pop-up or your holidays might succ! @ Flourish… instagram.com/p/Bcf1H7NF1tH/ 3 days ago
- Beautiful produce @springdalefarm today! Plus, @confituras, @howyoubean, @lostpinesyaupon,… instagram.com/p/BcfDX0bldmu/ 3 days ago
- Perfect cookies for a baby shower! Thank you @polkadotsatx instagram.com/p/BcQHuvhFUuW/ 1 week ago
- Buying all the cheese @antonellischz! @ Antonelli's Cheese Shop instagram.com/p/BcNfYp4FF0p/ 1 week ago
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! Beautiful fresh produce, coffee, jams, hot sauce honey, soaps,… instagram.com/p/BcNCXp2lSZA/ 1 week ago