I’ve been eating duck eggs from Countryside Farms lately. I get these at either the Downtown Farmer’s Market or the Triangle Farmer’s Market. They are delicious, larger than chicken eggs, with a much larger denser yolk. Last week I made an omlette, something I have struggled to do for years. I think the larger yolk, or perhaps some other factor in these eggs makes them firmer than chicken eggs. I’ve been making omlettes for years, never with consistent success. Sometimes they flip, sometimes theybreak or fall apart. But these duck eggs, firm up and flip very easily. I think the next omlette I make with duck eggs, I might add a bit of milk for more lightness. But, if you have struggled at making the perfect omlette, try some duck eggs.
- New products this morning @springdalefarm; Mojito Body Butter and Sugar Scrub! Fresh for Spring… instagram.com/p/BSEC8Whj4ru/ 15 hours ago
- Beautiful produce this morning @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BSECpDllokq/ 15 hours ago
- Everything was delicious. Can't wait to come back @bonhomie_austin @ Bonhomie Austin instagram.com/p/BSB7q4IlEln/ 1 day ago
- Oyster Mushroom Tamale, Scamorza, Spicy Lime Crema, Corn Nuts @oddduckaustin @ Odd Duck instagram.com/p/BR9YujpFfMj/ 3 days ago
- Stocking up @saltandtime! @ Salt & Time Butcher Shop and Salumeria instagram.com/p/BR82jFmlac9/ 3 days ago