I’ve been eating duck eggs from Countryside Farms lately. I get these at either the Downtown Farmer’s Market or the Triangle Farmer’s Market. They are delicious, larger than chicken eggs, with a much larger denser yolk. Last week I made an omlette, something I have struggled to do for years. I think the larger yolk, or perhaps some other factor in these eggs makes them firmer than chicken eggs. I’ve been making omlettes for years, never with consistent success. Sometimes they flip, sometimes theybreak or fall apart. But these duck eggs, firm up and flip very easily. I think the next omlette I make with duck eggs, I might add a bit of milk for more lightness. But, if you have struggled at making the perfect omlette, try some duck eggs.
- We'll have plenty of natural Insect Repellant at the farmstand tomorrow for your holiday… instagram.com/p/BUjoVPSDNpI/ 3 hours ago
- Lemon Verbena Body Butter back in stock today @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BUegtxrDEOR/ 2 days ago
- Farmstand Table @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BUegg1LFaDJ/ 2 days ago
- Virginia Wood needs our help - let's rally for her! youcaring.com/virginiabwood-… via @youcaring 5 days ago
- Candles at the farmstand! @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BUUPTt1D-ex/ 6 days ago