I’ve been eating duck eggs from Countryside Farms lately. I get these at either the Downtown Farmer’s Market or the Triangle Farmer’s Market. They are delicious, larger than chicken eggs, with a much larger denser yolk. Last week I made an omlette, something I have struggled to do for years. I think the larger yolk, or perhaps some other factor in these eggs makes them firmer than chicken eggs. I’ve been making omlettes for years, never with consistent success. Sometimes they flip, sometimes theybreak or fall apart. But these duck eggs, firm up and flip very easily. I think the next omlette I make with duck eggs, I might add a bit of milk for more lightness. But, if you have struggled at making the perfect omlette, try some duck eggs.
- Grilled Softshell Crab, Bay Shrimp, Tomatoes, Corn, Radish, Peanuts, Fried Onions, Basil… instagram.com/p/BZNC-mqFNOF/ 1 day ago
- Benefit for Gulf Coast Crabbers @daidue @ Dai Due instagram.com/p/BZM4WSilQPb/ 1 day ago
- Grand Opening Day! twohives #localhoney @ Two Hives Honey instagram.com/p/BZJsF50F3Wv/ 2 days ago
- Still lots of amazing treats @springdalefarm! #AtxBakes4Harvey @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BZG84fTFMVX/ 3 days ago
- Just one of the amazing treats for @austinbakes! Come see us @springdalefarm! #atxbakes4harvey… instagram.com/p/BZGqO8dlZFo/ 3 days ago