Since I’m trying to keep my garden as productive as possible, I’ve been thinking of alternative ways to grow potatoes, rather than taking up space in any of my raised garden beds. Potatoes are somewhat slow growers and the plants get quite large. I had contemplated using really large pots or wine/whisky barrels, but I have too many things in pots already, they are hard to move around and I don’t really want to add barrels to my landscape for aesthetic reasons. So, I just ordered 3 potato growing bags from Gardener’s Supply. I’ve never grown anything in a bag, so the concept seems odd to me. But, I’m all for experimenting. I’ll pick up some seed potatoes in the next couple of weeks and get the spud project started.
- @SOCOPetLounge Ellie May! 7 hours ago
- Just a farm dog and her toy. #dogsofinstagram @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BXBHMjDlx-Z/ 15 hours ago
- 15 lbs of smoked red jalapeños, 4 qts tomatoes, 46 jars of Chipotles in Adobo. #canning instagram.com/p/BW7z0nkl7xd/ 2 days ago
- The culmination of much gardening and then smoking comes together. Chipotles in Adobo canning day. instagram.com/p/BW7c2q7lq48/ 2 days ago
- Today would be an excellent day to hug a farmer! @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BW2fWVmFHzO/ 4 days ago