Since I’m trying to keep my garden as productive as possible, I’ve been thinking of alternative ways to grow potatoes, rather than taking up space in any of my raised garden beds. Potatoes are somewhat slow growers and the plants get quite large. I had contemplated using really large pots or wine/whisky barrels, but I have too many things in pots already, they are hard to move around and I don’t really want to add barrels to my landscape for aesthetic reasons. So, I just ordered 3 potato growing bags from Gardener’s Supply. I’ve never grown anything in a bag, so the concept seems odd to me. But, I’m all for experimenting. I’ll pick up some seed potatoes in the next couple of weeks and get the spud project started.
- Zinnias are so amazing. @springdalefarm #farmfresh #farmlife instagram.com/p/BUmaraMlD69/ 21 hours ago
- Ellie May the @springdalefarm dog chillin at the farmstand. @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BUmZ4RYFE9s/ 21 hours ago
- Thank you @OlamaieAustin for another amazing dinner. Happy to bring a newbie for her birthday! 1 day ago
- We'll have plenty of natural Insect Repellant at the farmstand tomorrow for your holiday… instagram.com/p/BUjoVPSDNpI/ 1 day ago
- Lemon Verbena Body Butter back in stock today @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BUegtxrDEOR/ 3 days ago