Since I’m trying to keep my garden as productive as possible, I’ve been thinking of alternative ways to grow potatoes, rather than taking up space in any of my raised garden beds. Potatoes are somewhat slow growers and the plants get quite large. I had contemplated using really large pots or wine/whisky barrels, but I have too many things in pots already, they are hard to move around and I don’t really want to add barrels to my landscape for aesthetic reasons. So, I just ordered 3 potato growing bags from Gardener’s Supply. I’ve never grown anything in a bag, so the concept seems odd to me. But, I’m all for experimenting. I’ll pick up some seed potatoes in the next couple of weeks and get the spud project started.
- Come on over to @springdalefarm! We are ready for you! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/Bh1bqC2BtWx/ 11 hours ago
- Accoutrement for the next course @springdalefarm @texaswildlife dinner with @daidue and… instagram.com/p/BhxakfOh0iK/ 2 days ago
- Beautiful evening @springdalefarm for the @texaswildlife dinner with @daidue and @lewiswines @… instagram.com/p/BhxWZIwh7cY/ 2 days ago
- Pulling up the bolters. Still lots in the ground who will hopefully make it to storing onion… instagram.com/p/BhrKYg_hJ7P/ 4 days ago
- @suerteatx goat rib taco. We ate all the food before getting pictures-so good! Scratch masa… instagram.com/p/Bhp7TjaBcrV/ 4 days ago