Since I’m trying to keep my garden as productive as possible, I’ve been thinking of alternative ways to grow potatoes, rather than taking up space in any of my raised garden beds. Potatoes are somewhat slow growers and the plants get quite large. I had contemplated using really large pots or wine/whisky barrels, but I have too many things in pots already, they are hard to move around and I don’t really want to add barrels to my landscape for aesthetic reasons. So, I just ordered 3 potato growing bags from Gardener’s Supply. I’ve never grown anything in a bag, so the concept seems odd to me. But, I’m all for experimenting. I’ll pick up some seed potatoes in the next couple of weeks and get the spud project started.
- @aneelee Thank you! 1 day ago
- This looks awesome! twitter.com/EdenEastAustin… 1 day ago
- Gorgeous Indigo Mudcloth would make a gorgeous wrap or throw! flourish.atx Come to our pop up… instagram.com/p/BaWv1ELlNx_/ 1 day ago
- RT @SpringdaleHM: Thanks @austinwoman! twitter.com/austinwoman/st… 2 days ago
- Harvesting lettuces for dinner! #growyourown instagram.com/p/BaSZJMQF7ri/ 3 days ago