You’d think I would get used to seeing seeds sprout, but I never really do. I’m always so excited to see little green signs of life (and food) emerge from their underground starting place. Some never do come up, despite my coddling. I don’t think the Buttercrunch Lettuce germinated, but the carrots I planted next to it the same day have sprouted. Radishes are so very easy to grow. The Watermelon Radish seeds I planted this week are emerging every day. In just a month or so, they’ll be an edible addition to my (non Buttercrunch) salad. They actually started coming up in clumps, which means I dropped too many seeds in one spot and they also get washed around when I water the first time. I’ll have to thin them, which pains me, because I hate to waste one little radish life. But, it must be done to ensure the others will have room to grow.
- RT @thedishstance: #Giveaway time! Who wants to win some all-natural body products from @SpringdaleHM? THIS GIRL! instagram.com/p/BSKBUlwBCNQ/ #… 1 day ago
- Slicing is easier after some time in the fridge. #bacon instagram.com/p/BSJOedNlOqf/ 1 day ago
- Ramping up for mosquito season! #naturalinsectrepellent @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BSHgCMfjQy_/ 2 days ago
- Bacon smoking day! instagram.com/p/BSGziI5l6Wi/ 2 days ago
- New products this morning @springdalefarm; Mojito Body Butter and Sugar Scrub! Fresh for Spring… instagram.com/p/BSEC8Whj4ru/ 3 days ago