You’d think I would get used to seeing seeds sprout, but I never really do. I’m always so excited to see little green signs of life (and food) emerge from their underground starting place. Some never do come up, despite my coddling. I don’t think the Buttercrunch Lettuce germinated, but the carrots I planted next to it the same day have sprouted. Radishes are so very easy to grow. The Watermelon Radish seeds I planted this week are emerging every day. In just a month or so, they’ll be an edible addition to my (non Buttercrunch) salad. They actually started coming up in clumps, which means I dropped too many seeds in one spot and they also get washed around when I water the first time. I’ll have to thin them, which pains me, because I hate to waste one little radish life. But, it must be done to ensure the others will have room to grow.
- Tasting! @StillATX @ Still Austin Whiskey Co. instagram.com/p/BeObepSlvfE/ 1 day ago
- Grains get added to water and cooked then cooled before adding yeast and fermented for 3 days. @… instagram.com/p/BeOXfbrlRsf/ 1 day ago
- Truly grain to glass. Corn and wheat silos and millhouse @StillATX @ Still Austin Whiskey Co. instagram.com/p/BeOXKBLFonj/ 1 day ago
- Excited for our tour @StillATX! @ Still Austin Whiskey Co. instagram.com/p/BeOT4O8FKII/ 1 day ago
- Pop of color on this dreary day instagram.com/p/BeNvaIGlxci/ 1 day ago