You’d think I would get used to seeing seeds sprout, but I never really do. I’m always so excited to see little green signs of life (and food) emerge from their underground starting place. Some never do come up, despite my coddling. I don’t think the Buttercrunch Lettuce germinated, but the carrots I planted next to it the same day have sprouted. Radishes are so very easy to grow. The Watermelon Radish seeds I planted this week are emerging every day. In just a month or so, they’ll be an edible addition to my (non Buttercrunch) salad. They actually started coming up in clumps, which means I dropped too many seeds in one spot and they also get washed around when I water the first time. I’ll have to thin them, which pains me, because I hate to waste one little radish life. But, it must be done to ensure the others will have room to grow.
- 15 lbs of smoked red jalapeños, 4 qts tomatoes, 46 jars of Chipotles in Adobo. #canning instagram.com/p/BW7z0nkl7xd/ 21 hours ago
- The culmination of much gardening and then smoking comes together. Chipotles in Adobo canning day. instagram.com/p/BW7c2q7lq48/ 1 day ago
- Today would be an excellent day to hug a farmer! @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BW2fWVmFHzO/ 2 days ago
- @keithkreeger Who doesnt love puppies??? 1 week ago
- @jesspryles @broylesa Red jalapenos will start showing up at the farmer's markets soon, but Fiesta usually has them… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago