You’d think I would get used to seeing seeds sprout, but I never really do. I’m always so excited to see little green signs of life (and food) emerge from their underground starting place. Some never do come up, despite my coddling. I don’t think the Buttercrunch Lettuce germinated, but the carrots I planted next to it the same day have sprouted. Radishes are so very easy to grow. The Watermelon Radish seeds I planted this week are emerging every day. In just a month or so, they’ll be an edible addition to my (non Buttercrunch) salad. They actually started coming up in clumps, which means I dropped too many seeds in one spot and they also get washed around when I water the first time. I’ll have to thin them, which pains me, because I hate to waste one little radish life. But, it must be done to ensure the others will have room to grow.
- Come on over to @springdalefarm! We are ready for you! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/Bh1bqC2BtWx/ 3 days ago
- Accoutrement for the next course @springdalefarm @texaswildlife dinner with @daidue and… instagram.com/p/BhxakfOh0iK/ 5 days ago
- Beautiful evening @springdalefarm for the @texaswildlife dinner with @daidue and @lewiswines @… instagram.com/p/BhxWZIwh7cY/ 5 days ago
- Pulling up the bolters. Still lots in the ground who will hopefully make it to storing onion… instagram.com/p/BhrKYg_hJ7P/ 1 week ago
- @suerteatx goat rib taco. We ate all the food before getting pictures-so good! Scratch masa… instagram.com/p/Bhp7TjaBcrV/ 1 week ago