I’m an impatient gardener, I’m sorry to admit. I like things that grow quickly and provide instant gratification. I should be a radish farmer. You get the seeds in the ground, and before you know it, little red orbs are pushing their way above the surface, a signal they are ready to be pulled and eaten. Around 30 days. I have Watermelon Radish seeds on the way and am anxious to get them planted, because they will be done before time to plant tomatoes. I planted cabbage, oh say 9 months ago and am still waiting for them to form heads. OK, not quite 9, maybe October. Cabbage takes about 100 days. I still can’t tell if they are forming heads yet. I think so but am not quite sure. Can you see it?
- Today would be an excellent day to hug a farmer! @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BW2fWVmFHzO/ 1 day ago
- @keithkreeger Who doesnt love puppies??? 6 days ago
- @jesspryles @broylesa Red jalapenos will start showing up at the farmer's markets soon, but Fiesta usually has them… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- It's Taco Wednesday @edeneastaustin from 9:00-1:00 during @springdalefarm @ Eden East Austin instagram.com/p/BWcw_6vFLvL/ 1 week ago
- Farmstand Day! @springdalefarm instagram.com/p/BWcu_dTFxTg/ 1 week ago