Now is the time to plant bare root blackberries, raspberries, dewberries and potted grapes and strawberries, as well as bare root asparagus. My strawberries have been in the ground for a while, but you can still plant them. I just bought 2 new blackberry bushes to add to the two I bought a couple of years ago. I almost bought a raspberry bush as well, but haven’t heard anyone have much luck with them. Asparagus is always on my list of things I’d like to grow, but knowing how impatient I am, I never get any in the ground, since they take two years to produce. Natural Gardener has a good supply of all of these as of today, as well as onion starts, lots of lettuce transplants, kale, mustard greens, cabbage and broccoli. They also had some Kennebec seed potatoes but are out of the Red Lasoda. It is a bit early yet to get potatoes in the ground. I’m planning a whole post dedicated to growing potatoes very soon.
- Come on over to @springdalefarm! We are ready for you! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/Bh1bqC2BtWx/ 11 hours ago
- Accoutrement for the next course @springdalefarm @texaswildlife dinner with @daidue and… instagram.com/p/BhxakfOh0iK/ 2 days ago
- Beautiful evening @springdalefarm for the @texaswildlife dinner with @daidue and @lewiswines @… instagram.com/p/BhxWZIwh7cY/ 2 days ago
- Pulling up the bolters. Still lots in the ground who will hopefully make it to storing onion… instagram.com/p/BhrKYg_hJ7P/ 4 days ago
- @suerteatx goat rib taco. We ate all the food before getting pictures-so good! Scratch masa… instagram.com/p/Bhp7TjaBcrV/ 4 days ago