Now is the time to plant bare root blackberries, raspberries, dewberries and potted grapes and strawberries, as well as bare root asparagus. My strawberries have been in the ground for a while, but you can still plant them. I just bought 2 new blackberry bushes to add to the two I bought a couple of years ago. I almost bought a raspberry bush as well, but haven’t heard anyone have much luck with them. Asparagus is always on my list of things I’d like to grow, but knowing how impatient I am, I never get any in the ground, since they take two years to produce. Natural Gardener has a good supply of all of these as of today, as well as onion starts, lots of lettuce transplants, kale, mustard greens, cabbage and broccoli. They also had some Kennebec seed potatoes but are out of the Red Lasoda. It is a bit early yet to get potatoes in the ground. I’m planning a whole post dedicated to growing potatoes very soon.
- RT @thedishstance: #Giveaway time! Who wants to win some all-natural body products from @SpringdaleHM? THIS GIRL! instagram.com/p/BSKBUlwBCNQ/ #… 1 day ago
- Slicing is easier after some time in the fridge. #bacon instagram.com/p/BSJOedNlOqf/ 1 day ago
- Ramping up for mosquito season! #naturalinsectrepellent @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BSHgCMfjQy_/ 2 days ago
- Bacon smoking day! instagram.com/p/BSGziI5l6Wi/ 2 days ago
- New products this morning @springdalefarm; Mojito Body Butter and Sugar Scrub! Fresh for Spring… instagram.com/p/BSEC8Whj4ru/ 3 days ago