Now is the time to plant bare root blackberries, raspberries, dewberries and potted grapes and strawberries, as well as bare root asparagus. My strawberries have been in the ground for a while, but you can still plant them. I just bought 2 new blackberry bushes to add to the two I bought a couple of years ago. I almost bought a raspberry bush as well, but haven’t heard anyone have much luck with them. Asparagus is always on my list of things I’d like to grow, but knowing how impatient I am, I never get any in the ground, since they take two years to produce. Natural Gardener has a good supply of all of these as of today, as well as onion starts, lots of lettuce transplants, kale, mustard greens, cabbage and broccoli. They also had some Kennebec seed potatoes but are out of the Red Lasoda. It is a bit early yet to get potatoes in the ground. I’m planning a whole post dedicated to growing potatoes very soon.
- 15 lbs of smoked red jalapeños, 4 qts tomatoes, 46 jars of Chipotles in Adobo. #canning instagram.com/p/BW7z0nkl7xd/ 1 day ago
- The culmination of much gardening and then smoking comes together. Chipotles in Adobo canning day. instagram.com/p/BW7c2q7lq48/ 1 day ago
- Today would be an excellent day to hug a farmer! @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BW2fWVmFHzO/ 3 days ago
- @keithkreeger Who doesnt love puppies??? 1 week ago
- @jesspryles @broylesa Red jalapenos will start showing up at the farmer's markets soon, but Fiesta usually has them… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago