This morning I broke out the Kitchen Aid, (I consider this an ordeal) and embarked upon my first all local flour bread challenge. I had 100% Whole Wheat Flour from Richardson Farms and Round Rock Honey waiting to become something yummy. I’ve been wondering if any bread made from only wheat flour, stood a chance at being anything other than a weighty, dense rock, and I was pleasantly surprised. Almost as soon as I pulled these loaves from the oven, I made a local BLT, using Kocurek’s bacon, my lettuce, and a farmer’s market tomato. It was really good! The whole process took about 2 hours, some of that time spent rising, and some baking.
- Free puppy kisses @springdalefarm today! @… instagram.com/p/BkQAluehBg_/… 10 hours ago
- Beautiful Food thebrewerstableaustin @ The… instagram.com/p/BkOdyowBiEz/… 1 day ago
- Tomatoes for days! @springdalefarm. @… instagram.com/p/BkFlKzehZI_/… 4 days ago
- Farmstand Day! @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/Bj92u2cHR6R/… 1 week ago
- Farm tables are full! @springdalefarm. Plus… instagram.com/p/BjzkaVhhRPk/… 1 week ago