This morning I broke out the Kitchen Aid, (I consider this an ordeal) and embarked upon my first all local flour bread challenge. I had 100% Whole Wheat Flour from Richardson Farms and Round Rock Honey waiting to become something yummy. I’ve been wondering if any bread made from only wheat flour, stood a chance at being anything other than a weighty, dense rock, and I was pleasantly surprised. Almost as soon as I pulled these loaves from the oven, I made a local BLT, using Kocurek’s bacon, my lettuce, and a farmer’s market tomato. It was really good! The whole process took about 2 hours, some of that time spent rising, and some baking.
- New products this morning @springdalefarm; Mojito Body Butter and Sugar Scrub! Fresh for Spring… instagram.com/p/BSEC8Whj4ru/ 15 hours ago
- Beautiful produce this morning @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BSECpDllokq/ 15 hours ago
- Everything was delicious. Can't wait to come back @bonhomie_austin @ Bonhomie Austin instagram.com/p/BSB7q4IlEln/ 1 day ago
- Oyster Mushroom Tamale, Scamorza, Spicy Lime Crema, Corn Nuts @oddduckaustin @ Odd Duck instagram.com/p/BR9YujpFfMj/ 3 days ago
- Stocking up @saltandtime! @ Salt & Time Butcher Shop and Salumeria instagram.com/p/BR82jFmlac9/ 3 days ago