This morning I broke out the Kitchen Aid, (I consider this an ordeal) and embarked upon my first all local flour bread challenge. I had 100% Whole Wheat Flour from Richardson Farms and Round Rock Honey waiting to become something yummy. I’ve been wondering if any bread made from only wheat flour, stood a chance at being anything other than a weighty, dense rock, and I was pleasantly surprised. Almost as soon as I pulled these loaves from the oven, I made a local BLT, using Kocurek’s bacon, my lettuce, and a farmer’s market tomato. It was really good! The whole process took about 2 hours, some of that time spent rising, and some baking.
- Steer wrestling, or not. @rodeoaustin #betterlucknexttime instagram.com/p/BgemBEzDar4/ 19 hours ago
- Rodeo Austin rolled out the red carpet for our ldeiatx group. They can teach us a lot. Rodeo… instagram.com/p/Bgee7vuDzUy/ 21 hours ago
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Lots of delicious produce @springdalefarm today! Plus jams, coffee,… instagram.com/p/BgbSCG3jctH/ 2 days ago
- All is right with the world again because @txbeetree Cheese is back @boggycreekfarm! @ Boggy… instagram.com/p/BgY8qURja4t/ 3 days ago
- Paula is growing beautiful Ranunculus @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BgTimlXjWdj/ 5 days ago