This morning I broke out the Kitchen Aid, (I consider this an ordeal) and embarked upon my first all local flour bread challenge. I had 100% Whole Wheat Flour from Richardson Farms and Round Rock Honey waiting to become something yummy. I’ve been wondering if any bread made from only wheat flour, stood a chance at being anything other than a weighty, dense rock, and I was pleasantly surprised. Almost as soon as I pulled these loaves from the oven, I made a local BLT, using Kocurek’s bacon, my lettuce, and a farmer’s market tomato. It was really good! The whole process took about 2 hours, some of that time spent rising, and some baking.
- @keithkreeger Who doesnt love puppies??? 5 days ago
- @jesspryles @broylesa Red jalapenos will start showing up at the farmer's markets soon, but Fiesta usually has them… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- It's Taco Wednesday @edeneastaustin from 9:00-1:00 during @springdalefarm @ Eden East Austin instagram.com/p/BWcw_6vFLvL/ 1 week ago
- Farmstand Day! @springdalefarm instagram.com/p/BWcu_dTFxTg/ 1 week ago
- Abundance @springdalefarm! Cucumbers, squash, eggplant, peppers, leeks, long beans, okra,… instagram.com/p/BWSZcj7ltTG/ 1 week ago