This morning I broke out the Kitchen Aid, (I consider this an ordeal) and embarked upon my first all local flour bread challenge. I had 100% Whole Wheat Flour from Richardson Farms and Round Rock Honey waiting to become something yummy. I’ve been wondering if any bread made from only wheat flour, stood a chance at being anything other than a weighty, dense rock, and I was pleasantly surprised. Almost as soon as I pulled these loaves from the oven, I made a local BLT, using Kocurek’s bacon, my lettuce, and a farmer’s market tomato. It was really good! The whole process took about 2 hours, some of that time spent rising, and some baking.
- Lemon Verbena Body Butter back in stock today @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BUegtxrDEOR/ 21 hours ago
- Farmstand Table @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BUegg1LFaDJ/ 21 hours ago
- Virginia Wood needs our help - let's rally for her! youcaring.com/virginiabwood-… via @youcaring 4 days ago
- Candles at the farmstand! @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BUUPTt1D-ex/ 4 days ago
- Market table @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BUUNE3MFgE_/ 4 days ago