I’m starting to try new things due to this challenge, which was my goal. Breakfast today was more duck egg quiche, lunch was a salad, and for dinner I smoked a Richardson Farm chicken in the smoker I bought a week ago. I used hickory wood in the smoker, and had a continuous supply of smoke to the chicken, despite reading that smoke is only adds flavor at the beginning of the process. The end result, in my opinion, was a fairly smoky chicken – too smoky for my liking. I think the ribs and future briskets will hold up to such a strong flavor, but it was more than I like for a chicken.
- Yard food! #gardening instagram.com/p/BfW6uWhlLf0/ 1 hour ago
- My day was filled with all kinds of cuteness @txbeetree! instagram.com/p/BfWsuBKFCQr/ 3 hours ago
- Farm table is full of beautiful produce @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BfTTUMTlGsv/ 1 day ago
- It’s going to be a good year for apples! instagram.com/p/BfRJMPKFNPy/ 2 days ago
- I see lots of salads in my future! #gardening instagram.com/p/BfQqJyeF384/ 2 days ago