I’m starting to try new things due to this challenge, which was my goal. Breakfast today was more duck egg quiche, lunch was a salad, and for dinner I smoked a Richardson Farm chicken in the smoker I bought a week ago. I used hickory wood in the smoker, and had a continuous supply of smoke to the chicken, despite reading that smoke is only adds flavor at the beginning of the process. The end result, in my opinion, was a fairly smoky chicken – too smoky for my liking. I think the ribs and future briskets will hold up to such a strong flavor, but it was more than I like for a chicken.
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/Bbo-EGyFVvh/ 16 hours ago
- Is there anything more enjoyable than digging in the dirt to plant food? Maybe. But not this… instagram.com/p/BbmVVmLFfwo/ 1 day ago
- We are so excited to be making soaps for Fall Creek Winery using their wines! Available at the… instagram.com/p/Bbh3vXIlun5/ 3 days ago
- Excited for broccoli soon! instagram.com/p/Bbef0L1FwH4/ 4 days ago
- Goat Taco pop-up with @suerteatx @sertodocopper. @ East MLK, Austin, Texas instagram.com/p/BbaOLbiFJ7U/ 6 days ago