I’m starting to try new things due to this challenge, which was my goal. Breakfast today was more duck egg quiche, lunch was a salad, and for dinner I smoked a Richardson Farm chicken in the smoker I bought a week ago. I used hickory wood in the smoker, and had a continuous supply of smoke to the chicken, despite reading that smoke is only adds flavor at the beginning of the process. The end result, in my opinion, was a fairly smoky chicken – too smoky for my liking. I think the ribs and future briskets will hold up to such a strong flavor, but it was more than I like for a chicken.
- Enjoying the first potato harvest for dinner, with some garlic aioli and a glass of Malbec.… instagram.com/p/BTP8_yUF5EW/ 8 hours ago
- Dug up a couple of potato plants to see how they were coming along. #growyourown instagram.com/p/BTPPJDhFfGM/ 14 hours ago
- The first of the onions to declare themselves finished growing. Good year for storing… instagram.com/p/BTO3GgTFTWr/ 18 hours ago
- Choucroute Garnie with Braised Sauerkraut @texaswildlife, @daidue, @springdalefarm @ Springdale… instagram.com/p/BTNXLQRFsqh/ 1 day ago
- Excited for what's next @texaswildlife, @daidue @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BTNRzc3FUpt/ 1 day ago