One of my favorite vegetables to grow is onions. They are planted in the winter, and need very little care. I’ve had two raised gardens on the side of my house, prepared, and waiting for the onions to arrive from Dixondale Farms. They got here a couple of days ago, and I will get them in the ground this weekend. Onions are very rewarding and so tasty fresh from the garden. They keep for months on end if properly stored. Here is what they look like in their shipping box. This is a lot of onions, but I will split them with a friend. It is a sampler containing purple onions, white and yellow onions. I’ll post their progress as time goes on.
- 15 lbs of smoked red jalapeños, 4 qts tomatoes, 46 jars of Chipotles in Adobo. #canning instagram.com/p/BW7z0nkl7xd/ 1 day ago
- The culmination of much gardening and then smoking comes together. Chipotles in Adobo canning day. instagram.com/p/BW7c2q7lq48/ 1 day ago
- Today would be an excellent day to hug a farmer! @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BW2fWVmFHzO/ 3 days ago
- @keithkreeger Who doesnt love puppies??? 1 week ago
- @jesspryles @broylesa Red jalapenos will start showing up at the farmer's markets soon, but Fiesta usually has them… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago