Due in part to the many fun activities scheduled last week by Edible Austin, in support of Urban Roots, I have neglected my garden for a week. In response to not being tended to, two of the broccoli plants went to seed. The result, is actually quite beautiful, although I feel guilty for wasting perfectly good garden broccoli. Yes, there is more and I will not neglect another broccoli crown. So, if your broccoli starts to flower, you waited too long to harvest it.
- Today would be an excellent day to hug a farmer! @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BW2fWVmFHzO/ 2 hours ago
- @keithkreeger Who doesnt love puppies??? 5 days ago
- @jesspryles @broylesa Red jalapenos will start showing up at the farmer's markets soon, but Fiesta usually has them… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- It's Taco Wednesday @edeneastaustin from 9:00-1:00 during @springdalefarm @ Eden East Austin instagram.com/p/BWcw_6vFLvL/ 1 week ago
- Farmstand Day! @springdalefarm instagram.com/p/BWcu_dTFxTg/ 1 week ago