Once again, the weather peeps are getting all dramatic with their dire predictions of freeze and snow in Austin. Most of my potted plants (herbs) are in the greenhouse already, but I’ll cover the gardens, move in the potted citrus trees and most likely just harvest the basil and make pesto, rather than covering those plants. Basil gets woody, and really needs to be replanted every season for the best tasting, and most tender herbs. I might harvest the snow peas as well, as they would be very hard to cover on their trellis. Ahhh, winter weather.
- RT @elnaranjoaustin: El Naranjo’s benefit dinner and other Austin restaurants contributing to Mexico earthquake-relief efforts | The Feed h… 20 hours ago
- Playing with food again @springdalefarm. instagram.com/p/BZRKtoVlNgH/ 2 days ago
- Grilled Softshell Crab, Bay Shrimp, Tomatoes, Corn, Radish, Peanuts, Fried Onions, Basil… instagram.com/p/BZNC-mqFNOF/ 3 days ago
- Benefit for Gulf Coast Crabbers @daidue @ Dai Due instagram.com/p/BZM4WSilQPb/ 3 days ago
- Grand Opening Day! twohives #localhoney @ Two Hives Honey instagram.com/p/BZJsF50F3Wv/ 4 days ago