Once again, the weather peeps are getting all dramatic with their dire predictions of freeze and snow in Austin. Most of my potted plants (herbs) are in the greenhouse already, but I’ll cover the gardens, move in the potted citrus trees and most likely just harvest the basil and make pesto, rather than covering those plants. Basil gets woody, and really needs to be replanted every season for the best tasting, and most tender herbs. I might harvest the snow peas as well, as they would be very hard to cover on their trellis. Ahhh, winter weather.
- After 10 days, a good rinse and several hours of smoke there will be bacon. instagram.com/p/Bgo33bglJmx/ 1 day ago
- Fun with the Dehydrator this morning preserving the harvest. #growyourown instagram.com/p/BgoHK4wlCnp/ 1 day ago
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/Bglj4vTDLtM/ 2 days ago
- Pink contrails this morning. @ Tarrytown, Austin, Texas instagram.com/p/BglcjsnDqok/ 2 days ago
- Steer wrestling, or not. @rodeoaustin #betterlucknexttime instagram.com/p/BgemBEzDar4/ 5 days ago