The radishes are pulled up, the pepper garden is empty now, and gone to compost, the tomatoes are all done so every sign of Summer is gone. That I’m happy for that transition. I will miss the tomatoes and peppers, but I’ve pickled enough peppers to remind me for months to come. The strawberries are happy in their heavily mulched bed, the brocolli is going crazy – I’ll have brocolli for weeks, and I’m harvesting 2 types of lettuce and spinach every day. There are tiny snow peas on the vines as well. I could feed myself as a vegetarian for weeks on my garden alone, but wouldn’t have enough protein to get by, I don’t think. Thinking about shaking things up, diet wise.
- Virginia Wood needs our help - let's rally for her! youcaring.com/virginiabwood-… via @youcaring 2 days ago
- Candles at the farmstand! @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BUUPTt1D-ex/ 2 days ago
- Market table @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BUUNE3MFgE_/ 2 days ago
- Rainy forecast inspired me to pull up the last onions and plant peppers and cucumbers. instagram.com/p/BUJ5FhWF9Eg/ 6 days ago
- First salsa of this tomato season. Kicked up by smoked tomatoes from last season. instagram.com/p/BUJA0JnFFCq/ 1 week ago