The gardens are in transition again, as I pull up the last of the warm weather plants to make way for the cooler weather plants. This morning I pulled up the last of the radishes, and picked the last of the peppers. I’ll clear out all of the pepper plants which were very productive this season, and toss them into the growing compost heap, to make room for the onion sets which should be shipped in the next week. The onions will go in the gardens on the side of my house, where I am most likely to leave them alone to do their thing. I piddle around the gardens in the back on a daily basis, but tend to leave the side gardens alone. I’m on a mission to find shallots today, which will go in with the onions, if I can find some.
- Come on over to @springdalefarm! We are ready for you! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/Bh1bqC2BtWx/ 3 days ago
- Accoutrement for the next course @springdalefarm @texaswildlife dinner with @daidue and… instagram.com/p/BhxakfOh0iK/ 5 days ago
- Beautiful evening @springdalefarm for the @texaswildlife dinner with @daidue and @lewiswines @… instagram.com/p/BhxWZIwh7cY/ 5 days ago
- Pulling up the bolters. Still lots in the ground who will hopefully make it to storing onion… instagram.com/p/BhrKYg_hJ7P/ 1 week ago
- @suerteatx goat rib taco. We ate all the food before getting pictures-so good! Scratch masa… instagram.com/p/Bhp7TjaBcrV/ 1 week ago