I love that eating local is a trend that is taking off. I think supporting local farmers and growers is a wonderful practice – the food you get is better for you, tastes better, hasn’t sat on a truck for weeks or sprayed with who knows what. I’m a big Farmer’s Market fan, and go every Saturday, Wednesday and now Sunday too. I get most of my meat and cheese from local farmers and also supplement what I might not have grown enough in my yard. I do try to grow as many of my own vegetables and herbs as I can, and do a better job of it every year, since my gardens keep expanding. Fall and Winter can be some of the most productive gardens. The broccoli crown has emerged and will grow large, and the plant will also shoot of individual sprouts of broccoli. I staggered my broccoli plantings so I wouldn’t have too much at once. The other photo shows spinach ready to harvest. I will re-seed for spinach or some other winter green in that spot.
- Off to deliver soap to @Daidue. The first batch using their tallow! instagram.com/p/BTb6KLgjZSb/ 1 day ago
- Rewards for early planting, good weather and bird netting instagram.com/p/BTajV8WFtzm/ 1 day ago
- Oak Hill Heat 2017 app.snap-raise.com/fundraisers/29… 1 day ago
- More junk food at the heart hospital. Next to the salty snacks. @ Austin Heart - Heart Hospital… instagram.com/p/BTUKmdFlLBu/ 4 days ago
- @UmiSushiBar I think I'll just keep making that one! 4 days ago