Now is the best time to plant strawberry plants in Austin (in my opinion.) I prefer the Sequoia variety and just purchased a flat. As soon as the rain slacks off, I will set out my strawberry plants in one of my raised beds, and mulch heavily around each of the plants. The mulch helps keep moisture in, helps keep the plants warmer in the winter, and you don’t want your strawberries laying in the dirt. I’m contemplating using hay, rather than hardwood mulch this time around.
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! See you 9:00-1:00! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BX-knhtlUf2/ 8 hours ago
- RT @AustinSaltCave: Monday is the Solar Eclipse, and Dark Side of the Moon session. Reserve your seat today: 512-838-6545 https://t.co/OqnJ… 19 hours ago
- Pork Chop, Summer Veg, Corn Butter @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9Han9FDrS/ 22 hours ago
- Watermelon and Radish Salad @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9FVEiFUN3/ 22 hours ago
- Summer Squash Carpaccio @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9C9VlFueK/ 22 hours ago