The transplants have arrived all over town, the weather is cooling off and it is a great time to start a garden. This month, plant lettuce from seed, or transplants. I seed every two weeks with Black Seeded Simpson lettuce, which grows very easily and fast and tastes sweet and delicious. Also set out broccoli, cabbage, swiss chard, kale, mustard greens, kohlrabi, and fennel transplants and most of the herbs. Just cover them when it starts to freeze. If tomatoes have fruit set at this point, keep them healthy. If they don’t have fruit set, it is probably too late. Just pull them up, condition the soil and plant something else. My peppers are still going great guns, and I’ve been harvesting enough to pickle for storage. Fun times in the garden!
- Off to deliver soap to @Daidue. The first batch using their tallow! instagram.com/p/BTb6KLgjZSb/ 1 day ago
- Rewards for early planting, good weather and bird netting instagram.com/p/BTajV8WFtzm/ 1 day ago
- Oak Hill Heat 2017 app.snap-raise.com/fundraisers/29… 1 day ago
- More junk food at the heart hospital. Next to the salty snacks. @ Austin Heart - Heart Hospital… instagram.com/p/BTUKmdFlLBu/ 4 days ago
- @UmiSushiBar I think I'll just keep making that one! 4 days ago