The transplants have arrived all over town, the weather is cooling off and it is a great time to start a garden. This month, plant lettuce from seed, or transplants. I seed every two weeks with Black Seeded Simpson lettuce, which grows very easily and fast and tastes sweet and delicious. Also set out broccoli, cabbage, swiss chard, kale, mustard greens, kohlrabi, and fennel transplants and most of the herbs. Just cover them when it starts to freeze. If tomatoes have fruit set at this point, keep them healthy. If they don’t have fruit set, it is probably too late. Just pull them up, condition the soil and plant something else. My peppers are still going great guns, and I’ve been harvesting enough to pickle for storage. Fun times in the garden!
- Farmstand fun! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BirppgyhTEG/… 2 weeks ago
- Everything you need for your Mother’s Day weekend! Plus jams,… instagram.com/p/BiremXwh2VA/… 2 weeks ago
- It’s looking like a bountiful tomatillo season! instagram.com/p/BiozWMnh6Qj/… 2 weeks ago
- Happy garden! instagram.com/p/BinSoGChbrH/… 2 weeks ago
- Pasta Fungia @ nhymel88 Dinner. @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BifznUUBnBf/… 2 weeks ago