Two of my favorite things to grow in the garden are lettuce, and broccoli. I seeded for both a few days ago under 40% shade cloth, and today the first of the lettuce has sprouted. After having failed at New Zealand Spinach and Arugula last month, this brings me a great deal of pleasure, hope and optimism, that this ridiculous heat wave doesn’t mean the end of the edible garden. Fall is just around the corner, and Fall is my favorite time of year for gardening, because since we don’t really have winter, Fall lasts for months and months, unlike Spring, which gets cut short by the early heat of summer. Happy Gardening!
- Tables are full @springdalefarm! Market today 9:00-1:00 @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BVuWXO1FL7m/ 2 days ago
- RT @gardens123: Cucumber Mint Sugar Scrub is back and perfectly refreshing for summertime! #naturalbathandbody instagram.com/p/BVsGUqPjlYW/ 3 days ago
- RT @AustinSaltCave: The Austin Salt Cave was featured in our local Faces and Places Lake Travis Magazine this month! fb.me/DvPEQG3v 3 days ago
- Cucumber Mint Sugar Scrub is back and perfectly refreshing for summertime! #naturalbathandbody instagram.com/p/BVsGUqPjlYW/ 3 days ago
- RT @txbeetree: Bee Tree Halloumi all stocked and ready for your grill at Antonelli's Cheese Shop, Farmhouse Delivery, Boggy... https://t.co… 3 days ago