Two of my favorite things to grow in the garden are lettuce, and broccoli. I seeded for both a few days ago under 40% shade cloth, and today the first of the lettuce has sprouted. After having failed at New Zealand Spinach and Arugula last month, this brings me a great deal of pleasure, hope and optimism, that this ridiculous heat wave doesn’t mean the end of the edible garden. Fall is just around the corner, and Fall is my favorite time of year for gardening, because since we don’t really have winter, Fall lasts for months and months, unlike Spring, which gets cut short by the early heat of summer. Happy Gardening!
- Yard food! #gardening instagram.com/p/BfW6uWhlLf0/ 1 hour ago
- My day was filled with all kinds of cuteness @txbeetree! instagram.com/p/BfWsuBKFCQr/ 3 hours ago
- Farm table is full of beautiful produce @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BfTTUMTlGsv/ 1 day ago
- It’s going to be a good year for apples! instagram.com/p/BfRJMPKFNPy/ 2 days ago
- I see lots of salads in my future! #gardening instagram.com/p/BfQqJyeF384/ 2 days ago