Two of my favorite things to grow in the garden are lettuce, and broccoli. I seeded for both a few days ago under 40% shade cloth, and today the first of the lettuce has sprouted. After having failed at New Zealand Spinach and Arugula last month, this brings me a great deal of pleasure, hope and optimism, that this ridiculous heat wave doesn’t mean the end of the edible garden. Fall is just around the corner, and Fall is my favorite time of year for gardening, because since we don’t really have winter, Fall lasts for months and months, unlike Spring, which gets cut short by the early heat of summer. Happy Gardening!
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! See you 9:00-1:00! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BX-knhtlUf2/ 8 hours ago
- RT @AustinSaltCave: Monday is the Solar Eclipse, and Dark Side of the Moon session. Reserve your seat today: 512-838-6545 https://t.co/OqnJ… 19 hours ago
- Pork Chop, Summer Veg, Corn Butter @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9Han9FDrS/ 22 hours ago
- Watermelon and Radish Salad @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9FVEiFUN3/ 22 hours ago
- Summer Squash Carpaccio @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9C9VlFueK/ 22 hours ago