Two of my favorite things to grow in the garden are lettuce, and broccoli. I seeded for both a few days ago under 40% shade cloth, and today the first of the lettuce has sprouted. After having failed at New Zealand Spinach and Arugula last month, this brings me a great deal of pleasure, hope and optimism, that this ridiculous heat wave doesn’t mean the end of the edible garden. Fall is just around the corner, and Fall is my favorite time of year for gardening, because since we don’t really have winter, Fall lasts for months and months, unlike Spring, which gets cut short by the early heat of summer. Happy Gardening!
- Farmstand fun! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BirppgyhTEG/… 2 weeks ago
- Everything you need for your Mother’s Day weekend! Plus jams,… instagram.com/p/BiremXwh2VA/… 2 weeks ago
- It’s looking like a bountiful tomatillo season! instagram.com/p/BiozWMnh6Qj/… 2 weeks ago
- Happy garden! instagram.com/p/BinSoGChbrH/… 2 weeks ago
- Pasta Fungia @ nhymel88 Dinner. @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BifznUUBnBf/… 2 weeks ago