This afternoon I am going to till my raised garden and amend the soil with compost and worm castings. I already poured some liquid seaweed on it and topped it with humified compost. I’ve already planted some tomato transplants in the side gardens, where the dappled shade has provided enough relief for the Spring tomato plants to stay alive. The pepper garden is fine too, and doesn’t mind the heat. After amending and tilling the back bed, I will plant crookneck squash transplants, saffron squash I started from seed, and some fennel. I would like to sow some arugula seeds as well, but fear the August heat will be too much for them.
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! See you 9:00-1:00! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BX-knhtlUf2/ 8 hours ago
- RT @AustinSaltCave: Monday is the Solar Eclipse, and Dark Side of the Moon session. Reserve your seat today: 512-838-6545 https://t.co/OqnJ… 19 hours ago
- Pork Chop, Summer Veg, Corn Butter @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9Han9FDrS/ 22 hours ago
- Watermelon and Radish Salad @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9FVEiFUN3/ 22 hours ago
- Summer Squash Carpaccio @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9C9VlFueK/ 22 hours ago