This afternoon I am going to till my raised garden and amend the soil with compost and worm castings. I already poured some liquid seaweed on it and topped it with humified compost. I’ve already planted some tomato transplants in the side gardens, where the dappled shade has provided enough relief for the Spring tomato plants to stay alive. The pepper garden is fine too, and doesn’t mind the heat. After amending and tilling the back bed, I will plant crookneck squash transplants, saffron squash I started from seed, and some fennel. I would like to sow some arugula seeds as well, but fear the August heat will be too much for them.
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/Bbo-EGyFVvh/ 16 hours ago
- Is there anything more enjoyable than digging in the dirt to plant food? Maybe. But not this… instagram.com/p/BbmVVmLFfwo/ 1 day ago
- We are so excited to be making soaps for Fall Creek Winery using their wines! Available at the… instagram.com/p/Bbh3vXIlun5/ 3 days ago
- Excited for broccoli soon! instagram.com/p/Bbef0L1FwH4/ 4 days ago
- Goat Taco pop-up with @suerteatx @sertodocopper. @ East MLK, Austin, Texas instagram.com/p/BbaOLbiFJ7U/ 6 days ago