This afternoon I am going to till my raised garden and amend the soil with compost and worm castings. I already poured some liquid seaweed on it and topped it with humified compost. I’ve already planted some tomato transplants in the side gardens, where the dappled shade has provided enough relief for the Spring tomato plants to stay alive. The pepper garden is fine too, and doesn’t mind the heat. After amending and tilling the back bed, I will plant crookneck squash transplants, saffron squash I started from seed, and some fennel. I would like to sow some arugula seeds as well, but fear the August heat will be too much for them.
- Enjoying the first potato harvest for dinner, with some garlic aioli and a glass of Malbec.… instagram.com/p/BTP8_yUF5EW/ 8 hours ago
- Dug up a couple of potato plants to see how they were coming along. #growyourown instagram.com/p/BTPPJDhFfGM/ 14 hours ago
- The first of the onions to declare themselves finished growing. Good year for storing… instagram.com/p/BTO3GgTFTWr/ 18 hours ago
- Choucroute Garnie with Braised Sauerkraut @texaswildlife, @daidue, @springdalefarm @ Springdale… instagram.com/p/BTNXLQRFsqh/ 1 day ago
- Excited for what's next @texaswildlife, @daidue @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BTNRzc3FUpt/ 1 day ago