This afternoon I am going to till my raised garden and amend the soil with compost and worm castings. I already poured some liquid seaweed on it and topped it with humified compost. I’ve already planted some tomato transplants in the side gardens, where the dappled shade has provided enough relief for the Spring tomato plants to stay alive. The pepper garden is fine too, and doesn’t mind the heat. After amending and tilling the back bed, I will plant crookneck squash transplants, saffron squash I started from seed, and some fennel. I would like to sow some arugula seeds as well, but fear the August heat will be too much for them.
- Yard food! #gardening instagram.com/p/BfW6uWhlLf0/ 1 hour ago
- My day was filled with all kinds of cuteness @txbeetree! instagram.com/p/BfWsuBKFCQr/ 3 hours ago
- Farm table is full of beautiful produce @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BfTTUMTlGsv/ 1 day ago
- It’s going to be a good year for apples! instagram.com/p/BfRJMPKFNPy/ 2 days ago
- I see lots of salads in my future! #gardening instagram.com/p/BfQqJyeF384/ 2 days ago