In this incessant heat of summer, it is difficult to think about gardening at all. I water early in the morning, then check the gardens only briefly in the afternoons because it is so hot. I’ve just seeded New Zealand spinach, planted tomato seedlings in pots in the greenhouse, and today I started taking cuttings from the best producing tomato plants and rooting them in pots for Fall. I have only ever bought transplants for Fall before, so all of these things are new to me. Trial and error, as always. The Black Cherry tomato seeds didn’t sprout at all, but the rest did fine. I’ll post more progress and failures as I go.
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! See you 9:00-1:00! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BX-knhtlUf2/ 12 hours ago
- RT @AustinSaltCave: Monday is the Solar Eclipse, and Dark Side of the Moon session. Reserve your seat today: 512-838-6545 https://t.co/OqnJ… 22 hours ago
- Pork Chop, Summer Veg, Corn Butter @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9Han9FDrS/ 1 day ago
- Watermelon and Radish Salad @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9FVEiFUN3/ 1 day ago
- Summer Squash Carpaccio @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9C9VlFueK/ 1 day ago