In this incessant heat of summer, it is difficult to think about gardening at all. I water early in the morning, then check the gardens only briefly in the afternoons because it is so hot. I’ve just seeded New Zealand spinach, planted tomato seedlings in pots in the greenhouse, and today I started taking cuttings from the best producing tomato plants and rooting them in pots for Fall. I have only ever bought transplants for Fall before, so all of these things are new to me. Trial and error, as always. The Black Cherry tomato seeds didn’t sprout at all, but the rest did fine. I’ll post more progress and failures as I go.
- Yard food! #gardening instagram.com/p/BfW6uWhlLf0/ 3 days ago
- My day was filled with all kinds of cuteness @txbeetree! instagram.com/p/BfWsuBKFCQr/ 4 days ago
- Farm table is full of beautiful produce @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BfTTUMTlGsv/ 5 days ago
- It’s going to be a good year for apples! instagram.com/p/BfRJMPKFNPy/ 6 days ago
- I see lots of salads in my future! #gardening instagram.com/p/BfQqJyeF384/ 6 days ago