In this incessant heat of summer, it is difficult to think about gardening at all. I water early in the morning, then check the gardens only briefly in the afternoons because it is so hot. I’ve just seeded New Zealand spinach, planted tomato seedlings in pots in the greenhouse, and today I started taking cuttings from the best producing tomato plants and rooting them in pots for Fall. I have only ever bought transplants for Fall before, so all of these things are new to me. Trial and error, as always. The Black Cherry tomato seeds didn’t sprout at all, but the rest did fine. I’ll post more progress and failures as I go.
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/Bbo-EGyFVvh/ 10 hours ago
- Is there anything more enjoyable than digging in the dirt to plant food? Maybe. But not this… instagram.com/p/BbmVVmLFfwo/ 1 day ago
- We are so excited to be making soaps for Fall Creek Winery using their wines! Available at the… instagram.com/p/Bbh3vXIlun5/ 3 days ago
- Excited for broccoli soon! instagram.com/p/Bbef0L1FwH4/ 4 days ago
- Goat Taco pop-up with @suerteatx @sertodocopper. @ East MLK, Austin, Texas instagram.com/p/BbaOLbiFJ7U/ 6 days ago