So far this year, of all the tomato plants I have, the best producers have been the Celebrities, Japanese Black Trifele, Colsoluto Genovese, Large Red Cherry, Sweet 100s and Green Zebras. I had one Cherokee Purple tomato, one Mr. Brown, no Chocolate Cherokees, about two Brandywines and several mystery tomatoes. One Coltoluto Genovese plant seemed most susceptible to blossom end rot. I’m going to take cuttings of my favorites and root them for my fall garden, and start some seeds indoors of different varieties also for fall.
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! See you 9:00-1:00! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BX-knhtlUf2/ 8 hours ago
- RT @AustinSaltCave: Monday is the Solar Eclipse, and Dark Side of the Moon session. Reserve your seat today: 512-838-6545 https://t.co/OqnJ… 19 hours ago
- Pork Chop, Summer Veg, Corn Butter @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9Han9FDrS/ 22 hours ago
- Watermelon and Radish Salad @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9FVEiFUN3/ 22 hours ago
- Summer Squash Carpaccio @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9C9VlFueK/ 22 hours ago