I served the first of the black tomatoes this weekend to company in a salad. They were a little scared of them at first when they saw me cutting them up. They certainly don’t look like a run of the mill tomato. They aren’t exactly black, but really deep, dark, blackish red. They are not quite round either, more pear shaped. They were wonderful with a little salt and pepper, and mixed in the salad. Sweet, and very low in acidity. I highly recommend this heirloom variety. So far, my favorite heirlooms are this one, Mr. Brown and Cherokee Purple.
- @aneelee Thank you! 1 day ago
- This looks awesome! twitter.com/EdenEastAustin… 1 day ago
- Gorgeous Indigo Mudcloth would make a gorgeous wrap or throw! flourish.atx Come to our pop up… instagram.com/p/BaWv1ELlNx_/ 1 day ago
- RT @SpringdaleHM: Thanks @austinwoman! twitter.com/austinwoman/st… 2 days ago
- Harvesting lettuces for dinner! #growyourown instagram.com/p/BaSZJMQF7ri/ 3 days ago