I served the first of the black tomatoes this weekend to company in a salad. They were a little scared of them at first when they saw me cutting them up. They certainly don’t look like a run of the mill tomato. They aren’t exactly black, but really deep, dark, blackish red. They are not quite round either, more pear shaped. They were wonderful with a little salt and pepper, and mixed in the salad. Sweet, and very low in acidity. I highly recommend this heirloom variety. So far, my favorite heirlooms are this one, Mr. Brown and Cherokee Purple.
- @SOCOPetLounge Ellie May! 7 hours ago
- Just a farm dog and her toy. #dogsofinstagram @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BXBHMjDlx-Z/ 15 hours ago
- 15 lbs of smoked red jalapeños, 4 qts tomatoes, 46 jars of Chipotles in Adobo. #canning instagram.com/p/BW7z0nkl7xd/ 2 days ago
- The culmination of much gardening and then smoking comes together. Chipotles in Adobo canning day. instagram.com/p/BW7c2q7lq48/ 2 days ago
- Today would be an excellent day to hug a farmer! @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BW2fWVmFHzO/ 4 days ago