Yesterday evening I harvested more red potatoes. They are good sized. I had enough to share with my parents and will be roasting some for dinner tonight with olive oil and rosemary. Yum. I’m harvesting the rest this weekend. I need the space for some new and different veggies. I initially threw the harvested plants into the compost, but then read that you shouldn’t compost potato or tomato plants as they can carry disease that will affect future crops. I learn something new every day.
- RT @elnaranjoaustin: El Naranjo’s benefit dinner and other Austin restaurants contributing to Mexico earthquake-relief efforts | The Feed h… 21 hours ago
- Playing with food again @springdalefarm. instagram.com/p/BZRKtoVlNgH/ 2 days ago
- Grilled Softshell Crab, Bay Shrimp, Tomatoes, Corn, Radish, Peanuts, Fried Onions, Basil… instagram.com/p/BZNC-mqFNOF/ 3 days ago
- Benefit for Gulf Coast Crabbers @daidue @ Dai Due instagram.com/p/BZM4WSilQPb/ 3 days ago
- Grand Opening Day! twohives #localhoney @ Two Hives Honey instagram.com/p/BZJsF50F3Wv/ 4 days ago