Yesterday evening I harvested more red potatoes. They are good sized. I had enough to share with my parents and will be roasting some for dinner tonight with olive oil and rosemary. Yum. I’m harvesting the rest this weekend. I need the space for some new and different veggies. I initially threw the harvested plants into the compost, but then read that you shouldn’t compost potato or tomato plants as they can carry disease that will affect future crops. I learn something new every day.
- After 10 days, a good rinse and several hours of smoke there will be bacon. instagram.com/p/Bgo33bglJmx/ 1 day ago
- Fun with the Dehydrator this morning preserving the harvest. #growyourown instagram.com/p/BgoHK4wlCnp/ 1 day ago
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/Bglj4vTDLtM/ 2 days ago
- Pink contrails this morning. @ Tarrytown, Austin, Texas instagram.com/p/BglcjsnDqok/ 2 days ago
- Steer wrestling, or not. @rodeoaustin #betterlucknexttime instagram.com/p/BgemBEzDar4/ 5 days ago