I inspected each tomato plant carefully to see their progress. I have about 4-6 fairly mature Celebrity tomatoes, 3 cherry tomatoes, a couple of tiny purple Cherokee tomatos, 3 Juliets and a couple of mystery heirloom tomatoes that I started from seed. These are the first to bear fruit. I counted them to make sure no garden invader is around. I have abundant blackberries forming too. I bought an heirloom tomato this weekend for 5.99 a pound at Central Market. I decided not to buy any more tomatoes, I’ll just wait for my own. The lettuce is looking ready to eat and some of the onions are too. Maybe I’ll experiment, and see how long I can go just eating what I produce.
- RT @txbeetree: Hey Central TX/Austin folks: Two Hives Honey shop grand opening Aug 27! fb.me/I87LSNNP 1 day ago
- Just some of the ones that didn't make it to the finals. #hotsaucefest @austinchronicle… instagram.com/p/BYBm5jXlUFq/ 3 days ago
- Ready to start judging! @austinchronicle @chronevents @DoctoredWatson @ Fiesta Gardens instagram.com/p/BYBV6K4lwia/ 3 days ago
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! See you 9:00-1:00! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BX-knhtlUf2/ 4 days ago
- RT @AustinSaltCave: Monday is the Solar Eclipse, and Dark Side of the Moon session. Reserve your seat today: 512-838-6545 https://t.co/OqnJ… 4 days ago