Last year my garden was totally wiped out by a hail storm. Everyone remembers it, all the west facing windows in central Austin were broken. I was devastated at losing my garden and it was late enough in the year, much of it couldn’t be replaced. So, watching the weather yesterday afternoon, I started getting worried that it would happen again. Hail, everywhere. Golfball sized and larger. I covered the garden, dragged all of the potted plants, (mostly peppers and blackberries and herbs) under cover, and waited. I got some pretty good rain, but thankfully no hail. I hope no one lost their garden to hail yesterday. It is such a horrible thing. At least its early enough in the year to replant though.
- Steer wrestling, or not. @rodeoaustin #betterlucknexttime instagram.com/p/BgemBEzDar4/ 19 hours ago
- Rodeo Austin rolled out the red carpet for our ldeiatx group. They can teach us a lot. Rodeo… instagram.com/p/Bgee7vuDzUy/ 20 hours ago
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Lots of delicious produce @springdalefarm today! Plus jams, coffee,… instagram.com/p/BgbSCG3jctH/ 2 days ago
- All is right with the world again because @txbeetree Cheese is back @boggycreekfarm! @ Boggy… instagram.com/p/BgY8qURja4t/ 3 days ago
- Paula is growing beautiful Ranunculus @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BgTimlXjWdj/ 5 days ago