Last year my garden was totally wiped out by a hail storm. Everyone remembers it, all the west facing windows in central Austin were broken. I was devastated at losing my garden and it was late enough in the year, much of it couldn’t be replaced. So, watching the weather yesterday afternoon, I started getting worried that it would happen again. Hail, everywhere. Golfball sized and larger. I covered the garden, dragged all of the potted plants, (mostly peppers and blackberries and herbs) under cover, and waited. I got some pretty good rain, but thankfully no hail. I hope no one lost their garden to hail yesterday. It is such a horrible thing. At least its early enough in the year to replant though.
- Farmstand table @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BZYsqrPFQB8/ 16 hours ago
- RT @elnaranjoaustin: El Naranjo’s benefit dinner and other Austin restaurants contributing to Mexico earthquake-relief efforts | The Feed h… 2 days ago
- Playing with food again @springdalefarm. instagram.com/p/BZRKtoVlNgH/ 3 days ago
- Grilled Softshell Crab, Bay Shrimp, Tomatoes, Corn, Radish, Peanuts, Fried Onions, Basil… instagram.com/p/BZNC-mqFNOF/ 5 days ago
- Benefit for Gulf Coast Crabbers @daidue @ Dai Due instagram.com/p/BZM4WSilQPb/ 5 days ago