Last year my garden was totally wiped out by a hail storm. Everyone remembers it, all the west facing windows in central Austin were broken. I was devastated at losing my garden and it was late enough in the year, much of it couldn’t be replaced. So, watching the weather yesterday afternoon, I started getting worried that it would happen again. Hail, everywhere. Golfball sized and larger. I covered the garden, dragged all of the potted plants, (mostly peppers and blackberries and herbs) under cover, and waited. I got some pretty good rain, but thankfully no hail. I hope no one lost their garden to hail yesterday. It is such a horrible thing. At least its early enough in the year to replant though.
- Free puppy kisses @springdalefarm today! @… instagram.com/p/BkQAluehBg_/… 10 hours ago
- Beautiful Food thebrewerstableaustin @ The… instagram.com/p/BkOdyowBiEz/… 1 day ago
- Tomatoes for days! @springdalefarm. @… instagram.com/p/BkFlKzehZI_/… 4 days ago
- Farmstand Day! @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/Bj92u2cHR6R/… 1 week ago
- Farm tables are full! @springdalefarm. Plus… instagram.com/p/BjzkaVhhRPk/… 1 week ago