Last year my garden was totally wiped out by a hail storm. Everyone remembers it, all the west facing windows in central Austin were broken. I was devastated at losing my garden and it was late enough in the year, much of it couldn’t be replaced. So, watching the weather yesterday afternoon, I started getting worried that it would happen again. Hail, everywhere. Golfball sized and larger. I covered the garden, dragged all of the potted plants, (mostly peppers and blackberries and herbs) under cover, and waited. I got some pretty good rain, but thankfully no hail. I hope no one lost their garden to hail yesterday. It is such a horrible thing. At least its early enough in the year to replant though.
- Today would be an excellent day to hug a farmer! @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BW2fWVmFHzO/ 2 hours ago
- @keithkreeger Who doesnt love puppies??? 5 days ago
- @jesspryles @broylesa Red jalapenos will start showing up at the farmer's markets soon, but Fiesta usually has them… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- It's Taco Wednesday @edeneastaustin from 9:00-1:00 during @springdalefarm @ Eden East Austin instagram.com/p/BWcw_6vFLvL/ 1 week ago
- Farmstand Day! @springdalefarm instagram.com/p/BWcu_dTFxTg/ 1 week ago