Last year my garden was totally wiped out by a hail storm. Everyone remembers it, all the west facing windows in central Austin were broken. I was devastated at losing my garden and it was late enough in the year, much of it couldn’t be replaced. So, watching the weather yesterday afternoon, I started getting worried that it would happen again. Hail, everywhere. Golfball sized and larger. I covered the garden, dragged all of the potted plants, (mostly peppers and blackberries and herbs) under cover, and waited. I got some pretty good rain, but thankfully no hail. I hope no one lost their garden to hail yesterday. It is such a horrible thing. At least its early enough in the year to replant though.
- Lemon Verbena Body Butter back in stock today @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BUegtxrDEOR/ 2 hours ago
- Farmstand Table @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BUegg1LFaDJ/ 2 hours ago
- Virginia Wood needs our help - let's rally for her! youcaring.com/virginiabwood-… via @youcaring 3 days ago
- Candles at the farmstand! @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BUUPTt1D-ex/ 4 days ago
- Market table @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BUUNE3MFgE_/ 4 days ago