This year, I planted more tomato plants than ever before, since I have a raised bed finally. I’ve had limited success in pots, so I’m looking forward to lots of success in the garden. I have never planted heirlooms before either, and this year I planted 6 or 7. Upon good advice, to protect my tomatos and the rest of the garden from aphids, I bought a tub of ladybugs. I watered the garden well, and released them last night in the dark. I was delighted this morning when I went out to the garden, to find ladybugs everywhere, some clinging to the tomato cages, and some already working away on the tomatos and potato plants. I hope to provide a good habitat for them so they will stick around and keep my plants pest free.
- Yard food! #gardening instagram.com/p/BfW6uWhlLf0/ 4 days ago
- My day was filled with all kinds of cuteness @txbeetree! instagram.com/p/BfWsuBKFCQr/ 4 days ago
- Farm table is full of beautiful produce @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BfTTUMTlGsv/ 5 days ago
- It’s going to be a good year for apples! instagram.com/p/BfRJMPKFNPy/ 6 days ago
- I see lots of salads in my future! #gardening instagram.com/p/BfQqJyeF384/ 6 days ago