This year, I planted more tomato plants than ever before, since I have a raised bed finally. I’ve had limited success in pots, so I’m looking forward to lots of success in the garden. I have never planted heirlooms before either, and this year I planted 6 or 7. Upon good advice, to protect my tomatos and the rest of the garden from aphids, I bought a tub of ladybugs. I watered the garden well, and released them last night in the dark. I was delighted this morning when I went out to the garden, to find ladybugs everywhere, some clinging to the tomato cages, and some already working away on the tomatos and potato plants. I hope to provide a good habitat for them so they will stick around and keep my plants pest free.
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/Bbo-EGyFVvh/ 10 hours ago
- Is there anything more enjoyable than digging in the dirt to plant food? Maybe. But not this… instagram.com/p/BbmVVmLFfwo/ 1 day ago
- We are so excited to be making soaps for Fall Creek Winery using their wines! Available at the… instagram.com/p/Bbh3vXIlun5/ 3 days ago
- Excited for broccoli soon! instagram.com/p/Bbef0L1FwH4/ 4 days ago
- Goat Taco pop-up with @suerteatx @sertodocopper. @ East MLK, Austin, Texas instagram.com/p/BbaOLbiFJ7U/ 6 days ago