This year, I planted more tomato plants than ever before, since I have a raised bed finally. I’ve had limited success in pots, so I’m looking forward to lots of success in the garden. I have never planted heirlooms before either, and this year I planted 6 or 7. Upon good advice, to protect my tomatos and the rest of the garden from aphids, I bought a tub of ladybugs. I watered the garden well, and released them last night in the dark. I was delighted this morning when I went out to the garden, to find ladybugs everywhere, some clinging to the tomato cages, and some already working away on the tomatos and potato plants. I hope to provide a good habitat for them so they will stick around and keep my plants pest free.
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! See you 9:00-1:00! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BX-knhtlUf2/ 12 hours ago
- RT @AustinSaltCave: Monday is the Solar Eclipse, and Dark Side of the Moon session. Reserve your seat today: 512-838-6545 https://t.co/OqnJ… 22 hours ago
- Pork Chop, Summer Veg, Corn Butter @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9Han9FDrS/ 1 day ago
- Watermelon and Radish Salad @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9FVEiFUN3/ 1 day ago
- Summer Squash Carpaccio @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9C9VlFueK/ 1 day ago