People keep asking me when is the time for planting your spring vegetable garden. Now! Get it ready to roll, plant lettuce seeds, radishes, potatos. Tomatos, peppers, herbs, broccoli, cauliflower and still strawberriy transplants are in the landscape stores now and arriving every day. It’s time to get your beds ready and start planting. I plant things every month of the year, because in Austin you can. It might freeze again, so you will have to cover the transplants, a time or two, but don’t wait until all the good plants are gone, and they are flying off the shelves. I got left behind last year and was forlorn driving around looking for Celebrity tomatos and they were all gone.
- RT @elnaranjoaustin: El Naranjo’s benefit dinner and other Austin restaurants contributing to Mexico earthquake-relief efforts | The Feed h… 21 hours ago
- Playing with food again @springdalefarm. instagram.com/p/BZRKtoVlNgH/ 2 days ago
- Grilled Softshell Crab, Bay Shrimp, Tomatoes, Corn, Radish, Peanuts, Fried Onions, Basil… instagram.com/p/BZNC-mqFNOF/ 3 days ago
- Benefit for Gulf Coast Crabbers @daidue @ Dai Due instagram.com/p/BZM4WSilQPb/ 3 days ago
- Grand Opening Day! twohives #localhoney @ Two Hives Honey instagram.com/p/BZJsF50F3Wv/ 4 days ago