People keep asking me when is the time for planting your spring vegetable garden. Now! Get it ready to roll, plant lettuce seeds, radishes, potatos. Tomatos, peppers, herbs, broccoli, cauliflower and still strawberriy transplants are in the landscape stores now and arriving every day. It’s time to get your beds ready and start planting. I plant things every month of the year, because in Austin you can. It might freeze again, so you will have to cover the transplants, a time or two, but don’t wait until all the good plants are gone, and they are flying off the shelves. I got left behind last year and was forlorn driving around looking for Celebrity tomatos and they were all gone.
- After 10 days, a good rinse and several hours of smoke there will be bacon. instagram.com/p/Bgo33bglJmx/ 1 day ago
- Fun with the Dehydrator this morning preserving the harvest. #growyourown instagram.com/p/BgoHK4wlCnp/ 1 day ago
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/Bglj4vTDLtM/ 2 days ago
- Pink contrails this morning. @ Tarrytown, Austin, Texas instagram.com/p/BglcjsnDqok/ 2 days ago
- Steer wrestling, or not. @rodeoaustin #betterlucknexttime instagram.com/p/BgemBEzDar4/ 5 days ago