The first thing I planted in my raised garden after I set it up was herbs. Everything else I planted from seeds, and I was impatient to see green growing, so I planted herbs around the perimeter. They were happy. So happy, they started taking over. The rosemary and tarragon were polite enough to stay in their corners, but the thyme and mint started wandering and spreading out, and taking over. The mint sent runners through the onions. The thyme started overtaking the lettuce. They had to be stopped. So today, I dug them all up and put them back in pots on the patio. It seems like a reversal of progress, but it had to be done to make way for more vegetables. What a great day to work in the garden!
- Enjoying the first potato harvest for dinner, with some garlic aioli and a glass of Malbec.… instagram.com/p/BTP8_yUF5EW/ 8 hours ago
- Dug up a couple of potato plants to see how they were coming along. #growyourown instagram.com/p/BTPPJDhFfGM/ 14 hours ago
- The first of the onions to declare themselves finished growing. Good year for storing… instagram.com/p/BTO3GgTFTWr/ 18 hours ago
- Choucroute Garnie with Braised Sauerkraut @texaswildlife, @daidue, @springdalefarm @ Springdale… instagram.com/p/BTNXLQRFsqh/ 1 day ago
- Excited for what's next @texaswildlife, @daidue @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BTNRzc3FUpt/ 1 day ago