The first thing I planted in my raised garden after I set it up was herbs. Everything else I planted from seeds, and I was impatient to see green growing, so I planted herbs around the perimeter. They were happy. So happy, they started taking over. The rosemary and tarragon were polite enough to stay in their corners, but the thyme and mint started wandering and spreading out, and taking over. The mint sent runners through the onions. The thyme started overtaking the lettuce. They had to be stopped. So today, I dug them all up and put them back in pots on the patio. It seems like a reversal of progress, but it had to be done to make way for more vegetables. What a great day to work in the garden!
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! See you 9:00-1:00! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BX-knhtlUf2/ 8 hours ago
- RT @AustinSaltCave: Monday is the Solar Eclipse, and Dark Side of the Moon session. Reserve your seat today: 512-838-6545 https://t.co/OqnJ… 19 hours ago
- Pork Chop, Summer Veg, Corn Butter @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9Han9FDrS/ 22 hours ago
- Watermelon and Radish Salad @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9FVEiFUN3/ 22 hours ago
- Summer Squash Carpaccio @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9C9VlFueK/ 22 hours ago