Today is an awesome day to be a gardener! My onions are getting big, especially those in the soil amended with worm castings. My broccoli is producing broccoli florets and the strawberries are looking great. No sign of green from the potatos but it hasn’t been long enough. There is lettuce that can be eaten now, and I planted another row of the Simpson Elite lettuce which will be edible early spring. It is an awesome sight to see lettuce and onions growing side by side, as they will make perfect salad companions soon enough. I know the trend is square foot gardening right now. For some reason, I’m slow to embrace it and still prefer the rows I remember from my grandfather’s farm.
- Enjoying the first potato harvest for dinner, with some garlic aioli and a glass of Malbec.… instagram.com/p/BTP8_yUF5EW/ 8 hours ago
- Dug up a couple of potato plants to see how they were coming along. #growyourown instagram.com/p/BTPPJDhFfGM/ 14 hours ago
- The first of the onions to declare themselves finished growing. Good year for storing… instagram.com/p/BTO3GgTFTWr/ 18 hours ago
- Choucroute Garnie with Braised Sauerkraut @texaswildlife, @daidue, @springdalefarm @ Springdale… instagram.com/p/BTNXLQRFsqh/ 1 day ago
- Excited for what's next @texaswildlife, @daidue @springdalefarm @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BTNRzc3FUpt/ 1 day ago