Today is an awesome day to be a gardener! My onions are getting big, especially those in the soil amended with worm castings. My broccoli is producing broccoli florets and the strawberries are looking great. No sign of green from the potatos but it hasn’t been long enough. There is lettuce that can be eaten now, and I planted another row of the Simpson Elite lettuce which will be edible early spring. It is an awesome sight to see lettuce and onions growing side by side, as they will make perfect salad companions soon enough. I know the trend is square foot gardening right now. For some reason, I’m slow to embrace it and still prefer the rows I remember from my grandfather’s farm.
- Tables are full @springdalefarm! Market today 9:00-1:00 @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BVuWXO1FL7m/ 2 days ago
- RT @gardens123: Cucumber Mint Sugar Scrub is back and perfectly refreshing for summertime! #naturalbathandbody instagram.com/p/BVsGUqPjlYW/ 3 days ago
- RT @AustinSaltCave: The Austin Salt Cave was featured in our local Faces and Places Lake Travis Magazine this month! fb.me/DvPEQG3v 3 days ago
- Cucumber Mint Sugar Scrub is back and perfectly refreshing for summertime! #naturalbathandbody instagram.com/p/BVsGUqPjlYW/ 3 days ago
- RT @txbeetree: Bee Tree Halloumi all stocked and ready for your grill at Antonelli's Cheese Shop, Farmhouse Delivery, Boggy... https://t.co… 3 days ago