Today is an awesome day to be a gardener! My onions are getting big, especially those in the soil amended with worm castings. My broccoli is producing broccoli florets and the strawberries are looking great. No sign of green from the potatos but it hasn’t been long enough. There is lettuce that can be eaten now, and I planted another row of the Simpson Elite lettuce which will be edible early spring. It is an awesome sight to see lettuce and onions growing side by side, as they will make perfect salad companions soon enough. I know the trend is square foot gardening right now. For some reason, I’m slow to embrace it and still prefer the rows I remember from my grandfather’s farm.
- Farmstand Day @springdalefarm! See you 9:00-1:00! @ Springdale Farm instagram.com/p/BX-knhtlUf2/ 8 hours ago
- RT @AustinSaltCave: Monday is the Solar Eclipse, and Dark Side of the Moon session. Reserve your seat today: 512-838-6545 https://t.co/OqnJ… 19 hours ago
- Pork Chop, Summer Veg, Corn Butter @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9Han9FDrS/ 22 hours ago
- Watermelon and Radish Salad @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9FVEiFUN3/ 22 hours ago
- Summer Squash Carpaccio @foreigndomestic @ Foreign & Domestic instagram.com/p/BX9C9VlFueK/ 22 hours ago